Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In just over a week, Chevrolet has received over 5,000 customer sold orders for the 2010 Camaro! We are extremely pleased with the initail response, and a little surprised with some of the early order configurations. For example, over a quarter of the orders submitted has one of the factory installed or LPO stripe packages. These early orders are providing a very unique insight on initial demand, and are closely being monitored within the orginization to ensure adequate material supply.

This was the message that dealers received this morning in the weekly "Hot Sheet"!!:roxor:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
very nice...bad economy and all.

not bad considering some dealers don't even know that orders are being taken or prices have been released...or that there even is a 5th gen camaro.:mad::confused:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
My "preferred" local dealer did not beleive me when I said pricing and ordering was to start on 10/13. They insisted January. They also planned on marking the car up.

I sent them an email with the info straight from Chevrolet. They never replied.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I actually just use them for service, but I've never bought a car from them as I've only lived in the area a little over a year. I won't buy a car from them due to their ignorance.

I never had a Flowbee cut, though my Mom would cut my hair with a Wahl trimmer.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Any chance I'll be able to rest my arm on the driver's side door with the window open all the way without the weatherstripping cutting through it on this new Camaro?
God I hate that about my 4th Gen. :mad:
That's a new one. I must not have had the razorblade window option on mine.

·
Registered
472 Posts
That's a new one. I must not have had the razorblade window option on mine.
I don't know if it was modified, but short of a different weatherstrip, there is no way to comfortably drive my z28 with my arm hanging out or my arm sitting on top of the window weatherstrip. Next to never seeing the hood, easily the thing I hated most about the car.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I don't know if it was modified, but short of a different weatherstrip, there is no way to comfortably drive my z28 with my arm hanging out or sitting on top of the window weatherstrip. Next to never seeing the hood, easily the thing I hated most about the car.
Maybe you're just too short :p

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
While 5,000 is a good number for the first week, I'd be very interested to see how many of those 5,000 actually end up taking delivery :D

Do the dealerships run a credit check for a pre-order like this current allocation or do they take a deposit and have them sign something?

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We are just taking deposits. Running credit right now doesn't do any good. Alot of things can happen in 5 or 6 months (for better and for worse).

I hope everyone takes delivery!!!

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
We are just taking deposits. Running credit right now doesn't do any good. Alot of things can happen in 5 or 6 months (for better and for worse).

I hope everyone takes delivery!!!
I was going to add to my other post that alot can happen in six months, great point.

Thanks for the quick reply Eric, that is what I thought was happening. I'd expect quite a few of these 5,000 to be tire kickers...

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'd expect quite a few of these $5,000 to be tire kickers...
I dunno...would a lot of people really leave a $500-$1000 (or more) deposit if they were just a tire kicker?

·
SS-Eric
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
from experience in the past, when you tell someone that they have to put down a deposit, it eliminates "kickers". I'm not saying that it will not happen, but the majority (99% or so) will try to buy their car. God willing, they'll be able to!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts