1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
yeah, the only charity is probably that guys wallet. I bet ebay pulls it down because the charity isn't listed. the guy sounds like a moron/scumbag.:angry:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
:eek:rly:I see in the pre-order printout (order date 11/26/2008) that the dealer is in Florida (that ol Florida connection) and the buyer Mr. Burger is indeed in Alabama. Methinks the plan is to sell the car from that order, to pay for the car from at least a second order and pocket the profit. Without a charity specified I think we're allowed to wildly speculate on the possibilities.
:mad::mad::mad:

Btw, did anyone get a printout like that one?? It's like 6 pages long with every conceivable detail; I got a 2 page summary that didn't list anything other than the basic option package codes that I selected.

Also, can I select a rear axle gear ratio? My dealer never mentioned that.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I asked him what charities...here's his answer...(if he's lying he's definitely going to hell.):rolleyes:

"10 churches I have picked out in Calhoun and Etewah county Alabama. They have the man power to distribute food,toys,gas,car repairs,and medical help. I needed them onece and don't know what I would have done without them. Now it's time for me to give back."

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I asked him what charities...here's his answer...(if he's lying he's definitely going to hell.):rolleyes:

"10 churches I have picked out in Calhoun and Etewah county Alabama. They have the man power to distribute food,toys,gas,car repairs,and medical help. I needed them onece and don't know what I would have done without them. Now it's time for me to give back."
So who gets the Camaro after the profits are distributed amongst the 10 churches? Does one lucky church get to race against Mustangs for charity?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has a bid on it. :eek:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Probably bid on by a friend of the person who created the ad. 70K for a Camaro? Maybe if it was a 1 of 1 with the ZR1 engine.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Since it's going to Charity..is that $70k tax deductible?

:D
Probably not...even if it is legit (which I doubt), I would assume he takes the money and pays the charities (since he himself isn't a charity), so he gets the write-off (especially since he didn't even list the charities in the ad).

I could see him even reimbursing himself the cost of the car so he wouldn't even be out any money...assuming of coarse it's legit...which it's not.;) Who the heck would pay that kind of money to this scumbag??? If you want a camaro and want to donate to a charity...go to your local dealer and order one...and than go donate to whatever charity you want. I'm surprised ebay hasn't yanked it yet.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
theres a dealer that just posted an add with a buy it now price of $50,000. is there something that i'm missing?
If we can create auctions for something we haven't purchased? Yeah, maybe we are missing out on something. :lol:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts