Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do like using ebay..... find it easy to get along with the seller/buyers....

ive never used it before, just cant seem to find any better deals in wheels...

6 hours away from new shoes for the z:D

·
Registered
738 Posts
I love ebay. You can always check a person's rating to see if they're experienced and what people say about them. People are big on ratings also. Some sellers will even post that they require a rating before item is mailed.

I've only had 1 bad experience, and that wasn't the seller. The item was messed up, but it was a known issue with the product. So I can't blame the seller.

Research your product, research your seller, all should go well. Items are usually received quickly. About 1-1 1/2 weeks after closing sales.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Almost everything I buy does get searched for on ebay. I find it just useful to see what is out there. I sell and buy and all but 1 incident have been excellent.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
read the small print HINT HINT HINT........ i bit my foot on this one...

guy says he wants to sell a set of 17x9.5 Zr1's..... ok im thinking 4......cool im in a lil of a hurry..... i place a bid and go.... come back and his "set" is acually only two........ smooth move....:BangHead:

now somebody out bid me lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yeah, should mention that. read EVERYTHING. People will scam you by putting little print somewhere saying things like "you're only buying the box." I bought one of my PS3's online and there was a guy doing that. He claimed to be selling a brand new PS3 then in small print it said "box." So in the end someone paid like $200 for a PS3 box.

·
Supporting Super Moderator
5,668 Posts
I've had pretty good luck with Ebay. Things seem to get shipped faster than if you buy them anywhere else. Things seem to also be lower in price.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
I have never bought anything off E-bay. I looked at a few cars, but since I have never bidded before there was a disclaimer saying my bid would be ignored.

I had to call. but since the bidding went higher than I would of went anyhow it didn't matter.

·
Registered
620 Posts
i have gotten things from ebay my self never a car, but lots of other items and have had good luck, only ever had one bad experiance when i was new to it and didnt read and got burned for like $10. but all other transactions were great and fast shipping. best bet is to stick with people that have stores or high customer reatings if you are unsure about item.

·
Registered
330 Posts
i like ebay too. its not much different then buying anything used anywhere else. there is a detailed descripion and pictures... yes read all the fine print and ask seller a question if its unclear. they HAVE to disclose the truth or you are not responsible for the purchase.

it is better for smaller items, but i have also bought cars on there, also have sold one there. as long as there is communication between buyer and seller, there is no reason it should be any different then talking to a car salesman. especially if they are selling you a car that is not on their lot. they will show you pictures and give you details....

i do personally prefer to check out a car before i buy it. i like to walk around it, pop the hood, drive it..... listen to it run, all the things you should ALWAYS do before spending thousands, even hundreds... *but... if you are getting a deal that you will never find again. then the risk might be worth it, assuming you get all the details.

good luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts