Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eugene Morey pointed across the street from his UAW local hall to a mostly empty parking lot surrounding Ford Motor Co.'s Ypsilanti parts plant, and recalled a time when it was full of cars. "You used to have to follow someone to get a spot," said Morey on Tuesday, remembering when he started 30 years ago at the factory, which then employed 4,000.

More...

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
yea..and people say buying Toyotas dont hurt us???

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
Well I would not just buy Chevy..or GM..how bout demestic?? Trust me having Ford and Chrysler around is a good thing..

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
I'd think that buying good products makes the most sense - whatever those good products may be.

Then again, we all have different priorities, don't we?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Hungry? Out of work? EAT YOUR FORIEGN CAR!!!! If I see one more blue-collar AMERICAN construction worker propping up that turd known as a Tundra, I am gonna PUKE. Oh, but it "made in America". What a joke. Shoulda finished the job in 1945!:patriot:

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
I'd think that buying good products makes the most sense - whatever those good products may be.

Then again, we all have different priorities, don't we?
Well its not whatever its the where Altoid. And by that I mean the company and the profits and the place where it will do the most good?

One small thought I can put out there. Toyota make a good car yes they do..for the most part.
But hey they build the Tundra in the U.S. right? Thats a good thing? Yea a huge town in Texas booms with the new found workforce and auto factory. Great for America right? Well ultimalty where does that profit go? Where does that truck sale go?
Well I can tell you some goes here but most goes to a country that really is taking our auto industry away from us. The sad part is.. WERE LETTING THEM DO IT...
Now back to my thought. The idea of that now booming Toyota factory that employes and takes care of a city of 200,000..Well another city up north that is fueld by GM or Ford or Chrysler well they just had to shut another factory down. A city that has had 100 years of building cars, offices, houses, restruants, all the way down to coffeshops This factory and its city were part of a bigger whole..employing MILLIONS..from that girl serving coffe at the corner greasy spoon to the guy working at the Factory all the way up to the plant manager making another great car from his town. Making sure his kid has food on the table and a good school to go to. NOW thats all gone. Why? We let Toyota come in here and build the competition right on our home turf! Sending that profit and that community out of existance.
Sending MILLIONS of workers out of existance and out of the money that would be spent here in the U.S. just so a city of 200,000 can make a product to help a foreign competitor here in the U.S.

That is sad:BangHead:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts