Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=110100

Future Camaro Update: Australia's GM Holden May Be Taking the Lead Toward Production

Date posted: 04-20-2006
CANBERRA, Australia ? A task force based at GM Holden ? set up shortly after the debut of the Chevrolet Camaro concept at the North American International Auto Show in January ? is reportedly working on the production version of the car, according to the Telegraph newspaper here.

"The only thing I can say on the record is that our new rear-wheel-drive (Zeta) architecture is the main candidate for the future American rear-wheel-drive products, including the Camaro concept," said GM Holden Chairman Denny Mooney in the report. "We have a significant number of engineering and design resources?working on the project."

The newspaper said Mooney was careful to avoid any confirmation of a Camaro car project and also declined to discuss whether the Camaro project would affect the future of a new Holden Monaro.

What this means to you: Chevy's upcoming muscle car may have roots Down Under.

·
Registered
861 Posts
did you hear that the saturn sky and the solsice vette sold out for 2006! If that is any indication of how we will see with the camaro we all better have some money down the day it becomes official!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the position, unless this site REALLY takes off (LOL) of not being able to buy a new car in the next few years. Once we're done having kids and they're all in school and the wife goes back to work then I'll have my 5th gen.

I'll let you guys work out all the 1st year bugs, LOL. I do want full write/up reviews from the first few to receive their cars though. We'll do a featured owners section or something.

·
Registered
861 Posts
that's coo; I don't think there should be alot of bugs considering that the camaro is a rebodied gto

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
well they have known how to make muscle cars and never forgot.. so yea biring some OZ roots to the US..

·
Premium Member
2,774 Posts
thats what I was going to say..IT IS NOT A REBADGED GTO!!!

They possibly will be sister cars like the Firebird and the Camaro was before...

and their might be bugs cus this is a totally new platform for the cars..

But rumor has it Caddy MIGHT have a car comming from this also...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts