Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my ongoing concerns re the 2010 camaro is the quality of the materials, especially the interior, and the build quality; essentially the overall quality of the product.

my position has been that the car should reflect the same quality as the imports; not the challenger or god forbid, the mustang.

having said that, imo edmunds is pretty hard on domestic vehicles when they do their road tests and reviews....but; i did find it very interesting that they keyed in on some comments made by houlihan of cost cutting or cost savings in coming up with the final cut for the product.

these kinds of statements, just like edmunds surmised or geussed at, is disconcerting to me..maybe, houlihan is just spewing the company line, especially with times being so tough for them, but; it's that mindset that it's better to cut a corner than spend the extra money that will hurt the camaro and gm in the long run.

that's why i have said all along that the camaro will sell for more than the mustang and rightfully so, it's got the good stuff that the stang doesn't have.

but, with the higher pricing come greater expectations: the car's gotta deliver. when you sit in the driver's seat, it' got to exude a rich quality to the dashboard and the console. the vinyl has got be the quality of the imports not an hhr.

my rant is over and i hope i'm just "the glass is half empty" venting...i want the camaro to be top shelf in all regards.

jackg
06 sts6

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
my rant is over and i hope i'm just "the glass is half empty" venting...i want the camaro to be top shelf in all regards.

jackg
06 sts6
Everybody's entitled to their own opinion, but yours is the same negative posture in regards to the Camaro's interior. Honestly, do you have any optimistic statements you could share with us? It's not a Cadillac, and quite frankly it's annoying that you continue to make comparisons between two completely different car segments, albeit most are indirect but certainly implied.

·
Registered
199 Posts
using the mustang interior as a comparison is not entirely fair. Have you sat in a mustang lately? I love the idea of an inexpesive pony car - but the mustangs interior reminds me of a $11,995 kia. Cheap plastic! If I had one word to describe the mustang interior it would be "BLAND". The stereo looks like it could belong in my 1991 mustang.

In a way I'm glad - it was such a turn off I decided to wait for the camaro. (but the LS3 had something to do with that too!) :D

From all the pictures I've seen the camaro's interior looks VERY UPSCALE if you comparte it to the mustang. Now if you compare it to a caddy that's a different story. But I believe GM will price the car right and attract a ton of buyers looking for a much better pony car than what currently exists.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
using the mustang interior as a comparison is not entirely fair. Have you sat in a mustang lately? I love the idea of an inexpesive pony car - but the mustangs interior reminds me of a $11,995 kia. Cheap plastic! If I had one word to describe the mustang interior it would be "BLAND". The stereo looks like it could belong in my 1991 mustang.

In a way I'm glad - it was such a turn off I decided to wait for the camaro. (but the LS3 had something to do with that too!) :D

From all the pictures I've seen the camaro's interior looks VERY UPSCALE if you comparte it to the mustang. Now if you compare it to a caddy that's a different story. But I believe GM will price the car right and attract a ton of buyers looking for a much better pony car than what currently exists.
Oh man, the most uncomfortable vehicle I HAVE EVER BEEN IN was a 04 mustang. My knees were blocking the air vents and I felt like I was laying down, felt vulnerable and very, very uncomfortable.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'm done speculating and worry about something I have no idea about yet.

I'm just going to wait for Dec for pricing, and then wait for the 1st quarter of 09 to see one in person.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i agree with all comments made so far, except for being negative on the camaro...i'm simply trying to be objective as to what we should expect from the car when it comes out.

as far as the interior of my caddy versus the camaro (which i agree we have no idea what the quality of the materials or the workmanship will be) is concerned, i wouldn't expect the camaro to compete with a cadillac, it should compete with a g sedan or an acura. why is that? because in order for the camaro, imo, to succeed that's the target audience that gm should be, and i believe is, striving to compete against. imo, the camaro will not take many sales away from the mustang.

i have no beef with the interior of the current generation mustang, it's an affordable car that is fun to drive and is rough around the edges...hey, it's 21k for a stripper mustang.

as i have said before, and i'm done beating this horse for a while...i'm not here to piss people off, the price of the camaro should be higher than the mustang due to it's content. that's why i think the interior components should be a cut above the mustang.

okay....i'm done with the quality remarks.

jackg
06 sts6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts