Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards told a labor group Tuesday that he would ask Americans to make a big sacrifice: their sport utility vehicles.

More...

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
What a great way to get votes, ask people to make sacrifices before your even president:confused:.

How about americans ask him to sacrifice himself:eek:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
:rotflmao: Should sacrifice their SUV's. Ya. Funny thing about politicians they always think the solution is their way and that they are right and the other side is wrong. You want to solve the energy crisis heres the solution. make SMALL incremental increases in the CAFE, AND put a **** spigot in the oil reserves in Alaska or ease the restriction on oil drilling off the coastlines. Everything cant be one or the other both **** sides need to give a little but **** Edwards needs to play with Hillary's bolt-ons.

·
Premium Member
2,416 Posts
sell my suburban for him HA:finger: at this point I can't wait to get a redesigned suburban. If he wants to do soemthing how about getting more E85 stations here. I have no problem using it in the burb.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
What is so ironic about it is the fact that he has not 1 but 2 SUVs.

http://noimpactman.typepad.com/blog/2007/08/interview-with-.html

5. What kind of car do you drive or travel in and how many MPG does it get?

My family drives two cars—a Ford Escape Hybrid that gets a combined 30 miles per gallon, and, for times when we need to transport more people, a Chrysler Pacifica, that gets 19 miles per gallon combined.

I know he says for transporting more people he uses the Pacifica but if he is so concerned why not set a better example? Here is the gasoline usage of the Pacifica compared to a Tahoe on E85. Also If he is so concerned I am sure there are many other cars that use less gasoline than either of those and have plenty of room for his people.
Gasoline usage:

The Ford escape model with the best millage is
Ford Escape on gasoline
10.7 barrels/year

Pacifica on gasoline
20.1 barrels/year

Tahoe on E85
6.7 barrels/year

Impala on E85
5.0 barrels/year

Now just wait till the Hybrid Tahoe comes out and if it runs on E85 with AFM then it should blow his Ford Escape away in every way.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts