1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I was at my local dealer today getting the water pump replaced on my
2007 Silverado (still under warranty, yippee!) when the salesman I ordered
a Camaro LS from tapped me on the shoulder and said "Hey, your car is in production and will be here by the end of the month."

To be honest I was taken off-guard. I went to the dealership back in late February/early March and said I wanted a bare bones Imperial blue LS manual with a gray interior, very base (only options, floormats and fix-a-flat)
They checked my credit and that was it, no deposit or paperwork, they told me my car would be here by July or August and I would receive conformation along with a vin number from Chevrolet, I never got anything from Chevy so I came to the conclusion that the salesman lied to me about the order with the hopes I would buy a more expensive Camaro once they began
showing up on the lots.

Now I have some mixed feelings, I really did want that car back then, making payments every month on the truck and planning to trade it in on something new.
But the loan will be paid off in full as of November now and not having a car payment is pretty enticing... on the other hand, so is a new camaro.

So, what do you all think, get rid of the truck and buy the camaro or keep it
and let the dealer sell the car to someone else? I'll probably go with the
new car but this situation came as a surprise to me.

·
Registered
514 Posts
How about a 3rd option.....
Keep the truck and still buy the camaro:lol:
Believe me.....the car is worth the money and time!! I have only had mine in my hands for 3 days....and WOW
So, think about it:thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'll buy it and keep the truck for a little while at least, if the bills
get to be too much I could always sell the truck later.

Plus, there's not going to be base model camaro's like the one I want available
on the lot for a real long time and I waited this long already...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Get the Camaro! I am 'this' close to selling my Harley for the car. But what a ride I had this weekend! I can't have two toys, and the bike is paid for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also sold my bike (Yam FZ1 -- great bike) after I decided that I was going to order the Camaro. And although I miss riding, I love driving the car. Not quite the same as riding the bike (and fellow riders know what I mean), but **** close. And my wife never really dug that fact that I was riding the bike and she never went near it, but she loves driving the Camaro! So, a big plus.

Good call on keeping the truck and getting the car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Definately get the Camaro, and you live in TX. don't seem like you need a winter vehical so much, BUT the camaro is the way to go, Tomorrow I'll have had my IBM 1SS 2 weeks and still have a perm a grin

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dealership in my town is very up-front and easy.
The day I bought my truck in DEC 06 I just took it for drive, told the salesman I'd give him $2,000 below MSRP and he said "okay, sounds good"
I was out the door in an hour. No haggling at all.

I guess I should of cut them some slack this time around but I never got any confirmation from GM ... must of been some sort of glitch or something.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Buy the LS,its worth the wait,Drive the truck when the weather is rotten..
If you don't get the Camaro you'll always wonder what you missed!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Since the truck will be paid off in Nov, whats one more payment to get the Camaro. Me I thinking very hard about trading my 07 Tundra DC for one. Will have to wait untill they are on the lots first. LOL

·
Registered
19 Posts
drive 05 gmc 4cab wife said at first if i want the car sell the truck . now its buy the car keep the truck (she saw the iom color and fell in love all over again) WHAT A WIFE!!!!!!!! LOVE U BABY (and the wife too)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts