Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have electric cutouts on a A6 ss? What brand would you recommend.. And are they placed before or after the cat? Do u lose any power when open or placement of cutouts? thanks in advance..

·
3,081 Posts
Lot of members from our club have the electric cutouts. Most have QTP. They should be installed right after the Cats. We had a club Dyno day and all that have them showed increases in power, some as much as 10hp gains. You are creating less restriction on your exhaust with the cutouts open, which equals more HP. I have them on my V6 and love them. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had the QTPs installed when RPM Motorsports did the cam last month. Switch is in the glove box. As already suggested my cutouts were installed just after the cats. I don't have any before and after dyno numbers but I didn't do it for dyno numbers. I only wish I had these installed a year ago right after I bought the car.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I have Race Ready Performance electrical cut-outs on my V6...but they will work on the V6 & the V8. Here's a pic of my switch...very easy to access...especially if I see a police car...lol. And Race Ready makes a remote control version now so you don't even have to install a switch. [URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anyone with cutouts having black build up under your car?? some guys at work suggested against them because of this.. thanks

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
anyone with cutouts having black build up under your car?? some guys at work suggested against them because of this.. thanks
Here's a picture taken of my cut-outs just last week. I have a little over 8000 miles on my cut-outs and I have them open a lot. As you can see...there is some soot building up at the bend in each pipe...so I cleaned it all up this weekend. It wiped right off with no problem at all and I saw no evidence of it elsewhere...and believe me, I'm looking...lol. :D And nevermind the mud...I cleaned it up too.

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
It looks like you're running a bit rich, Hillary.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
It looks like you're running a bit rich, Hillary.
My mom always said "you can never be too rich or too thin"...lol...so what's the problem? :D

But seriously...she's always run a super rich mix so that's why I'm going to go ahead and get her tuned now that I installed the TB. I'm looking forward to no more dirty butt. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
That's too easy!

...no comment. ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the input guys/gals, just discovered that QTP also makes their own wireless version.. Definitely going with those.. Really quick tho.. How much louder is the rumble when the cutouts are open? For some reason I feel that YouTube doesn't do the sound justice..

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
And here's a couple more videos if your interested...one compares our 2007 Shelby GT-500 to my V6 with the cut-outs open...and don't ask about the birds...lol...the video is only 1:15 but the birds make it seem like 5 minutes in a bad Alfred Hitchcock movie. [URL="
[/URL]
The second video is three laps at the Texas Motor Speedway with the cut-outs open and she sounds totally obnoxious! [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Awesome clips.. Best audio I've heard online thus far on the first video.. Thanks, and was there really a smart car out there?? If there was, how'd it do? LOL!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts