Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im wanting to get some electric cut-outs for my camaro. any preference on brand or does it matter? also what performace am i looking at getting from them and are there any negatives that go along with cutouts?

all advice is greatly appreciated!!

·
3,081 Posts
Im wanting to get some electric cut-outs for my camaro. any preference on brand or does it matter? also what performace am i looking at getting from them and are there any negatives that go along with cutouts?

all advice is greatly appreciated!!
I have them on my V6 and a lot of the members of my club have them on there V8's. I personally gained 10hp with the cutouts open at a recent club dyno day. Did it with them closed and then did it with them opened.
The V8's really sound wicked with the cutouts open. Most of us went with the QTP electric cutouts since they make one just for the NEW Camaro. Best price I found was with PFYC.com. Here is the link to there cutouts...
Quick Time DUAL Low Profile Oval Electric Exhaust Cutout - CAEXH - PFYC.com

Only negative thing I can say is that they are illegal for the street and most places will not inspect your car if they know you have them on. But if you know of a place that inspects regularly for you that would not be a problem. Hope this helps.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I'm here in Texas like the OP and I've had no trouble at all with my cut-outs at inspection time and they can't miss them since I watched them go under the car.

I love the electrical cut-outs on my V6! Mine are made by Race Ready Performance right here in Boyd, Texas. They've been installed almost two years and I use them ALL THE TIME and I've had no issues so far. Here's some pictures of them underneath and a pic of my interior switch...but Race Ready makes a remote control version now so you don't even have to install a switch. [URL="
[/URL] I like my switch though because I have a tendency to lose things...lol. [URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
3,081 Posts
There against the law in some states...not all. It plainly states it in the NC inspection law that no cut-outs are allowed. If they are installed then the inspection is a automatic FAILED until removed. Stupid law...but thats what it says.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome guys, thank you. im really looking forward to getting cut-outs. id love to have a good sounding rumble for daily driving. but id love to open up the cutouts and have that mean aggressive sound on demand!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just install QTP cutouts on 2013 stock camaro v6. What else need add to it to be more better(sound&performance)?
Im thinking on getting CAI first than header (long or short) please help?

and i dont have any proof to this, When im running on the road, the cutouts is open make the car seem like it go slower than when is close.
Does anyone have the same feeling on the v6?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts