Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on another camaro site & watched a test drive video - the driver just pushed the button & the Camaro started. Some do like it while others don't. I would not mind having this at all - what would make anyone here "Dislike" the push button starting? Is it a completely macho thing (just feeling the engine crank when you turn the key) or is there a defininte disadvantage to this type of system?

I don't know that I'd like the SATNAV in this car - it seems ike it would ruin the dahsboard lines. Another option that is slightly irritating to me is the 6 disc cd changer - if there's a plug in port for an MP3 player, why have a 6 disc player? Personally I forget which disc is which after a while, then I have to cycle through each one to figure it out again. With the MP3 player, you can cycle through the screen & see what you want to play.

Opinions anyone?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
I would prefer a push button if I didn't have to still put the key in the ignition, but I thought that option had been ruled out in a previous thread.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well that's too bad that it doesn't have key less ignition.

I understand that it might not appeal to everyone (especially the added cost) but there are some of us that want all the bells and whistle. The other night I was on Dodge's site checking out the new Challenger and guess what? It has it! Why can't the Camaro have it as well? I'd also love to have a hard drive music system like the challenger (and most Ford vehicles) have.

My current car has keyless ignition and I love it. Nothing like keeping the key fob in your pocket at all times. I keep mine is the little 5th pocket of my jeans and don't even notice it.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well that's too bad that it doesn't have key less ignition.

I understand that it might not appeal to everyone (especially the added cost) but there are some of us that want all the bells and whistle. The other night I was on Dodge's site checking out the new Challenger and guess what? It has it! Why can't the Camaro have it as well? I'd also love to have a hard drive music system like the challenger (and most Ford vehicles) have.

My current car has keyless ignition and I love it. Nothing like keeping the key fob in your pocket at all times. I keep mine is the little 5th pocket of my jeans and don't even notice it.
Keep it simple...we are getting an exceptional vehicle at "what has been said" very reasonable pricing. Small perks like a push start just seem to add the cost for GM on a car they are already trying to work with us on.

Of course there will be some cool lil perks and accessories here and there. I would personally like a sunroof and HID lamps, but a push start...ehh just seems kinda fickle when I am getting a 400+ hp kick ass vehicle for the price of a mustang...I can live without it...

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
I want it, so I definitely would like to see it as an option. It's not like it would be hard or expensive, most cars are starting to do this, and they could just share parts from the Corvette bin.

If it's an option, I'll check it for sure on my build list.

As for the CD player, a single CD would be nice, but most of my music will be played on my iPod through an external jack. I still buy some CDs, but as soon as I get them, I import them into computer and put them on my iPod.

·
Registered
318 Posts
As long as I have power windows, power seats, and a 6-disc changer, I don't need anything else.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I can live with a key... It would be nice though. I luv music, but I will just get the basic sound system . I wanna hear all them horses!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I like the push button. It's how I started my '76 Camaro, so it'd be kind of nice to have it again in my new one. If it's not an option, I'll probably end up adding it in myself.

·
Registered
620 Posts
The "keyless" system is nice but there is still usually a key to override the system, it does ad to teh price of the car because of the additional programming but how much i am not sure, as all cars these days have a "chip" in the key. I think it would be cool to stick with trend and go keyless, as someone said the tech is already in use in the vette just barrow it. then again this may be why they do not want ot use it. because of its use in the vette. as for the 6 disk changer and the external jack for an MP3 i would say one or the other preferably the mp3 player.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Back in highschool I saw someone who had a "keyless ignition" in their 80's camaro, where the key went was broken so they rigged up something to the started and had an extention cord going from the engine compartment through the drivers window. To start the car they had to touch a penny between the two prongs on the extension cord, to complete the circut and make the starter crank, starting the engine.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Doesn't sound too expensive, maybe GM could do that. :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I wander if the ignition will be in the dash or the column??? I to would like a push button but dont really care either way.

·
Registered
129 Posts
keyless or not dont matter. i had something similar in my truck, although it was an aftermarket addition (remote start) but it still needed the key to unlock the steering column.

stereo... i just hope that the AC controls and the Cd player are seperate units so i can change it out to a flip up with back up carama or soemthing sweet like that.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I like the G8s remote start

-Its remote starts but also turns on the air or heat on a mild setting on a timer in reponse to the interior's temperature.

I dont think the Camaro needs something that fancy, but regular remote start on the flip key would be nice.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I like the G8s remote start

-Its remote starts but also turns on the air or heat on a mild setting on a timer in reponse to the interior's temperature.

I dont think the Camaro needs something that fancy, but regular remote start on the flip key would be nice.
I agree, cause if it is hot outside, my a/c will already be set to on from my previous drive.

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
They already said they won't put remote start on a manual. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts