Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I pulled out my car for the first time in a week backed it across the street into my neighbors driveway to switch the cars around I left it running yanked up the e-brake hopped out and ran across the street I heard a bang I turned and my car went rolling out the driveway (slight hill) with a car coming down the street! I ran into the street waving at the car to stop! Luckily they did and the car came to a rolling stop in the middle of the street!

From now on I'm turning it off and leaving it in gear!

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Get your dealer to check the e-brake.

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
Pulled mine yesterday to test my 180 turns (in the rain, on a quiet street). Worked just fine. :)

·
Vendor
815 Posts
Was the brake handle still up? Or did it fall down when the brake let go? If there is no longer resistance on the handle, it might be a cable issues. I'm thinking if the cable snapped it would be pretty loud... not sure what it would sound like if one of the tensioned springs in the e-brake drum let go though.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts
Was the brake handle still up? Or did it fall down when the brake let go? If there is no longer resistance on the handle, it might be a cable issues. I'm thinking if the cable snapped it would be pretty loud... not sure what it would sound like if one of the tensioned springs in the e-brake drum let go though.
I'm thinking a continue-st grinding sound I would think ?
:agree: if the handle no longer works.. its the cable :thumbsup::thumbsup:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It just snapped down almost all the way! I haven't driven the car since....no time :(

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The brake works fine since I just think when I pulled it up it wasn't clicked all the way in and just jumped down after a few seconds I just happen to be walking away! I'm just not gonna leave it in neutral! Always off and in gear from now on!

·
Vendor
815 Posts
The brake works fine since I just think when I pulled it up it wasn't clicked all the way in and just jumped down after a few seconds I just happen to be walking away! I'm just not gonna leave it in neutral! Always off and in gear from now on!
glad to hear it was a non issue! I'm a firm believer in leaving it in gear as well :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts