Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm old-school when it comes to engines. I'm just now trying to get educated on all the new generations of Chevy motors out there.

That said, I was looking at the engine covers on a Corvette LS-3 motor, and I think they look much nicer than the Camaro's.

Is the external design of the Corvette LS-3 the same as a Camaro LS-3 where I could swap out the engine covers?

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Sorry I know its all about pref and what you like but if its a Camaro then it needs a camaro breather/engine cover. Seeing a Corvette cover on a Camaro has always been something I hated. Corvettes are Corvettes if you want one then buy one otherwise let them wear there badge of honor and let Camaro keep what it was born with or customize it :D

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I know its all about pref and what you like but if its a Camaro then it needs a camaro breather/engine cover. Seeing a Corvette cover on a Camaro has always been something I hated. Corvettes are Corvettes if you want one then buy one otherwise let them wear there badge of honor and let Camaro keep what it was born with or customize it :D
Actually, I would like to somehow place "Camaro" logos on the Vette covers. Sort of a hybrid look.

However, I don't know if the Covette logos are removable.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Ive seen FRCs froma vette that have had the letters "shaved" off and the cover given a good quality paint job. I like the covers airbrush tastefully and without letter at all, but Ive seen trans am and camaro decals put onto the covers once they have been shaved.

Idea: Shave the letters from the current vette FRCs and buy the fender CAMARO emblem. That would be unique.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Idea: Shave the letters from the current vette FRCs and buy the fender CAMARO emblem. That would be unique.
I like that idea! Looks like another item on my to-do list.

I never thought I would be modifying my Camaro at all, 'cause I'm somewhat of a purest when it comes to originality. (My 83 is still pretty much factory original).

Let's see,

Engine cover mods
Paint the calipers red
Rewire the halos as DRLs
LS-3 emblems on the raised section of the hood
CAGS eliminator

What else?...

BTW, what is FRC?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like that idea!

Rewire the halos as DRLs

CAGS eliminator

Please explain these. I am curious.
On an RS equipped car, the Daytime Running Lights will be the fog lights. Apparently, the DRLs will be the parking lights on non-RS cars.

Most people seem to like the idea that the halos should be the DRLs. I'd like to try to rewire the DRLs so the halos perform this function. Nobody seems to know exactly when or how the halos are lit up.

CAGS is the Computer Aided Gear Selection. It forces the driver to shift directly from 1st to 4th under low acceleration. The eliminator fools the computer to allow you to shift any way you want to. Do a search for CAGS. There were few threads on the subject.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually, I would like to somehow place "Camaro" logos on the Vette covers. Sort of a hybrid look.

However, I don't know if the Covette logos are removable.
There are a few options. On my G8 I removed the huge heat soak cover and then the NVH (sound deadener) cover that covered the intake so it would make it like the Vette so any covers would work, plus now I can ice the intake at the track. Roto-Fab makes covers that will cover the coils and they can be painted to match the car and then put any logo you want.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here are some underhood pics with the factory heater hoses and then the ones I designed that many are using with intake pics with no covers.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thanks. Since the main cover hides them, I guess we have to wait to be able to take the cover off to see. Since the cars are so similiar I would guess yes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.