Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is anyone else getting the painted engine cover?? im getting ABM and i tried to order the matching engine cover and it would not go through....anyone know what the deal with this is?? its not really a big deal..i assume i can order that after i get the car if its available then

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
A New Camaro, Excellent!
529 Posts
Bump that.

I'm going with some custom fuel rail covers like these. I wanna see the intake manifold on my engine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, it's not a Mercedes, no need for fancy painted/carbon engine covers that inevitably fail over time due to heat and chemical spray.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Bump that.

I'm going with some custom fuel rail covers like these. I wanna see the intake manifold on my engine.

That's something I'm thinking about doing. Going custom and not having to worry about seeing another person have something similar

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered the painted engine cover on mine because I am sure it will look good and if I want to customize later then I will. A little expensive for a cover but thats ok.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i usually get rid of the engine covers in my cars

seems like air would be able to flow over the engine and keep it slightly cooler
the temp difference is probably irrelevent but still........

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know if you do not order a matching painted engine cover do you still get the cover just not matching? And does anyone have a pic of a un painted engine cover.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
Does anyone know if you do not order a matching painted engine cover do you still get the cover just not matching? And does anyone have a pic of a un painted engine cover.
yes, you get a plain black cover. It's in every engine compartment picture...just look around, you'll see it.

It'll be the second thing that comes off mine...right after all the gold bow-ties.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Will the painted engine cover make my SS do the 1/4 quicker? No? I like the idea of removing it the best. My 2002 SS looks agricultural under the hood which is fine for me because my hood is only open for service or oil checking. I think the money is better spent on the cold air intake.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Sunsetselena,
When did you order? I'm jealous. You have a Saint Patrick's Day car. I ordered at 11 am 10/13/08 and have heard nothing yet. I got tired of calling Chevrolet and they got sick of hearing me.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sunsetselena,
When did you order? I'm jealous. You have a Saint Patrick's Day car. I ordered at 11 am 10/13/08 and have heard nothing yet. I got tired of calling Chevrolet and they got sick of hearing me.
Helps if you're a disciple!:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts