Modern Camaro Forums banner

Engine Power Reduced!!! -__-

6K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Speed1 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2010 Camaro SS 6.2L LS3 Manual Trans 129xxx... bone stock nothing done on it at all... I've done some research and all the info i can find is to check wires for cut or exposed wires, bad connectors, bad throttle body, gas pedal... Well I did check all that, I did find the wires that go to the airflow sensor were rubbing against a pulley and it peeled some of the plastic that covers the wires. I fixed it by putting electrical tape on them and running the wires a different way. I erased the code (P0641) and hoped that I had solved the problem, I drove it for a while and as soon as I took off it went back to "engine power reduced" after that the max speed that i reached was about 45mph. It also lights up another light besides the check engine light, its like a traction control or something. The only way that i can drive it is on 1st and 4th gear any other gear it starts shaking. I can't find any other exposed wires or anything, It also has a small fuel leak under the rear RH quarter panel (which i don't really know where its leaking from) I don't think that might be causing it though. I unplugged the battery for about an hr, when i plugged it back i drove it around the corner and about 3 minutes after driving it came back on... I don't know what else to check, by the looks of it taking it to a mechanic shop will be super expensive... Any other ideas??...😤😤. Any help will be appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Get a GM dealer to look at it. You'll know what you're getting into. That's a lot better than wasting time poking around. The code says you've got reference voltage A circuit is open. It originates in the powertrain control module. It's about an hour of shop time to diagnose. Money well spent.

#3 ·
I had that problem last month, i took my 2ss to HP performance here in Katy, Tx and they did a few things to the car, not sure which fixed the issue, but the car runs just beautiful and no reduce engine on my dash anymore. Here are a few leads:: my hi flow cats were clogged, the forced induction from my whipple,headers was causing the exhaust flow back into the engine.
Start sensor and cam sensor..i believe to fix that issue was bout $350.00

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Hello,

I have a 2010 Camaro SS 6.2L LS3 Manual Trans 129xxx... bone stock nothing done on it at all... I've done some research and all the info i can find is to check wires for cut or exposed wires, bad connectors, bad throttle body, gas pedal... Well I did check all that, I did find the wires that go to the airflow sensor were rubbing against a pulley and it peeled some of the plastic that covers the wires. I fixed it by putting electrical tape on them and running the wires a different way. I erased the code (P0641) and hoped that I had solved the problem, I drove it for a while and as soon as I took off it went back to "engine power reduced" after that the max speed that i reached was about 45mph. It also lights up another light besides the check engine light, its like a traction control or something. The only way that i can drive it is on 1st and 4th gear any other gear it starts shaking. I can't find any other exposed wires or anything, It also has a small fuel leak under the rear RH quarter panel (which i don't really know where its leaking from) I don't think that might be causing it though. I unplugged the battery for about an hr, when i plugged it back i drove it around the corner and about 3 minutes after driving it came back on... I don't know what else to check, by the looks of it taking it to a mechanic shop will be super expensive... Any other ideas??...[emoji36][emoji36]. Any help will be appreciated.
Now my 2ss gets to 180mph. It use to reduce engine power at 5000 rpms !! In any gear

#6 ·
Good glad to hear that, yeah when it comes to wiring it becomes complicated. I just found out after leaving my mechanic of 3yrs that my car would not start after 3 weeks because of a wiring harness going to the gas control module. He had to drop the tank, labor 900.00, harness 75.00..
But sofar she been starting every day.. the night mare hopefully is ova...yeah !!
Now i have mostly all new engine harness wires and fuel harness. Wish you the best

#7 ·
I had the same problem on my V6 and I just took my throttle body off and cleaned it with carb cleaner. It seems as if the problem went away so far. Mine was really dirty and I was able to clean it real well by pulling the 4 bolts to take the throttle body off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.