Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2010 1ss with manual trans. has 300 miles on it. im not sure if it was there before but i pulled into my garage i now here a intermitent ticking noise from the engine. i let it idle and it appears to be heard from the bottom of the engine. engine oil checked and is full and a.c. is off, no accessorys running. no mods done to car. car was bought new. ticking goes away with revs but as soon as it idles down i can here it. theres no pattern or repitition but is constant ticking. any ideas?????? its not extremely loud. the ticking sounds like when you shut the motor off and you hear the exhaust and piping pop as it cools, thats what it sounds like but it makes this noise while the engine is running. is it possible? thats the best i can describe it. anyone else listen to their car and hear the same thing?? i only hear it at idle.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
If there's any question, stop by your dealer and let them listen. Could be normal, fuel injector/lifter noise.

·
Registered
589 Posts
If it sounds like a sewing machine its an lsx motor.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thats the same noise I heard then the next day I lose all power and now they tell me my injector is bad. I have had my LS for 3 days

·
Registered
24 Posts
I really dont think my engine got "Broken In" until I hit like 2000 miles then it felt like something loosened up and she now runs like a scalded ape :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i hear it after the engine is warm and its a nonrythmic clatter. car only has 370 miles on it. maybe it get quiter after a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Oddly enough, sometimes that noise can indicate a cracked exhaust manifold.
That was the noise and source of it on an '01 Tundra I had.
LOL you owned a tundra.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Timing is everything.

You, like Toyota's latest commercial, were "moving forward" :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts