Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to start a build thread for Envy a long time ago but I just never got around to it. So I promised myself when Anna told me Envy's build date earlier this year that I would get her build thread started by her 2nd birthday. And as usual I'm cutting it really close because today is Envy's big day...her build date was April 14, 2010. Since she was built on that date in Oshawa, Canada...it's hard for me to believe she arrived in Dallas just 8 days later.

In this thread I will detail Envy's entire build and it will be picture heavy...lol. I will start at the beginning and it will read more like a journal. Everything will go chronologically in order of installation with some before and plenty of after photos. I will start with Envy's mod list which I will update from time to time as I add things and I'll provide direct links to the info for those who would rather get straight to the point. I've also included a few of my favorite images of Envy from the past two years. I joined ModernCamaro a few days after I bought my Camaro on April 29, 2010...but I had been lurking for awhile planning some of my mods.

So thanks :5go: it's been a great two years!

2010 CAMARO 1LT/RS
Special Synergy Edition

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE MODIFICATIONS

JBA Stainless Steel Short Headers
Custom Painted Airaid CAI
Flowmaster Axle Back..................................Link to post #25 http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/387697-post25.html
Race Ready Electrical Cut-Outs
Eibach Pro Kit
-Front & Rear Lowering Springs
-Front & Rear Sway Bars + Bushings
VMax Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Trifecta Tune -Coming Soon-
Dynoed 341 hp / Nov 2010

INTERIOR/EXTERIOR MODIFICATIONS

Complete RS Package/Dealer Installed
Chromed 20” RS Wheels w/Toyo Proxes
RK Sport Ram Air Hood
Xenon Quarter Panel Side Scoops
Havoc Rear Spoiler
SGM GM Ground Effects/Sans the front splitter
20% Tint..................................................Link to post #21 http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/387356-post21.html
Custom Painted Engine Cover
SGM Painted Ditch Moldings & Shark Fin
Signal/Taillight Black Outs
Custom Green & Black Leather Seats with CAMARO Stitching
Boston Acoustics Premium System
Rockford Fosgate Amplifier
2 Rockford Fosgate 10” Subs
4 Gauge Cluster
CAMARO Door Sill Plates
Polished Aluminum Door Protectors
Lloyd’s Custom Mats
Chrome Hood Hinges
Chrome Fill Caps and Bolt Covers
ENVYED Vanity Plates.....................................Link to post #26 http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/387813-post26.html

ModernCamaro Calender Photo January 2011

[URL="
[/URL]

ModernCamaro Member/Car of the Month November 2010 Photo

[URL="
[/URL]

Camaro5 Car of the Week January 31 2011 Photo

[URL="
[/URL]

My Favorite Photo of Envy and our MC Sig Pic

[URL="
[/URL]

Hazman PhotoShop created from her C5 COTW Photo

[URL="
[/URL]

Envy at Texas Motor Speedway September 2011

[URL="
[/URL]

And a few others...

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
April 22, 2010

I got a call from a nearby dealership in response to an inquiry I made a month earlier. I called looking for a SGM automatic but they had none on the lot. The dealer stated that they had two on order and one already had a deposit on it so he asked if I wanted to put a deposit on the other one...I declined and continued my search.

So when I got the call I was surprised. The salesman I spoke to originally said that the first SGM had come in on the truck that evening and was I still looking. I was very excited because I had had no luck finding a Synergy Edition at MSRP and I wasn't paying a dime more...lol.

Here are the first photographs I ever took of Envy that evening at the dealership...but I did not purchase her until the following day.

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
April 23, 2010

Like I said...I had been lurking at MC for awhile so when I signed the papers for my Camaro the next day there were certain mods I already knew I wanted and they were written into the original deal. Those mods included a Flowmaster axle-back exhaust, the RS HID headlamps with LED halos, the xenon side scoops plus painting and a custom green and black leather interior was to be special ordered.

Here she is in the sun light right after I put down my deposit. The dealer had to price out all my add-ons so no contract that day but with the deposit paid...she was mine. [URL="
[/URL] She's still stock here but not for long.

I was originally told that all the modifications would be completed in less than 2 weeks...but other than a couple weekend visits...Envy doesn't come home to live for another 3 1/2 months. :eek:

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

I'm looking a little rough here...lol...because I'd been up all night long...but it is my first picture with Envy.

[URL="
[/URL]

·
3,081 Posts
Envy is a Awesome Car Hillary. Very nice work of art. And what makes it even better is that you are a awesome member here on Modern Camaro!! Thanks for sharing her with us. I must say that I have got a few ideas for my own car from what you have done to Envy. Keep the mods coming.......

·
Support MC & Troops
11,804 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,383 Posts
It' about time girl! This is so great to read through, looking forward to more! Hard to belive that so much time has pasted by so quick, seems like yesterday! Two years this month for me also!

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Great write up.... Thanks for sharing Envy with us :thumbsup:

·
Supporting Super Moderator
2,416 Posts
Defintely like Envy, even better to see in person.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
Thanks for sharing on Envy's b'day. Love all the work you've done. Keep it up :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Just curious why you didn't go with the SS to begin with? I see some performance mods so it tells me you like some extra HP.

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just curious why you didn't go with the SS to begin with? I see some performance mods so it tells me you like some extra HP.
It's simple...I wanted a car that I could have a lot of fun in. I drive Envy like an idiot...punching the gas, careening around corners, blowing up to the intersections, etc, etc. I'm not proud of it...but I don't want to change it. She's just that much fun! And no matter what stupid sh*t I've done...that V6 has never once given me a reason to doubt her abilities and I always feel so safe. She's kinda like a rollercoaster...fun and exhilarating but you know that baby's gonna stay on the tracks. [URL="
[/URL]

On the other hand...we have the '07 Shelby with a 3.4 Whipple SC and it dynoes at 718/700. That car is one awesome piece of machinery but it doesn't belong on the streets. It's a whole lot of fun to drive but it's also super dangerous so I have to be careful. I have to save all the showboating in that thing for empty roadways otherwise I'm being stupid. While driving it recently...I forgot my street manners and punched it in 2nd and the d*mn thing almost leaped across two lanes. I've had some practice at this point so I was able to keep control but holy crap...there was a car nearby and I felt like a dumb*ss. Here's where I like to use my Spiderman quote.."with great power comes great responsibility"...and unfortunately, I'm just not that responsible...lol. [URL="
[/URL]

So yes...I could have purchased an SS...but two years ago when I built Envy...it was a much bigger challenge to do with her what many said couldn't be done...than to do what everyone else was doing. [URL="
[/URL]

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Ahhh you have some more toys! Now I understand. Great job!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
April 29 & 30, 2011...a little out of order but it seemed appropriate.

Defintely like Envy, even better to see in person.
Thanks Scott! :D It certainly was a pleasure meeting you and Selena last year and as I recall...you had a pretty awesome ride yourself! [URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Now back to the story...

We signed the papers over the weekend for Envy. Then over the next week I made my poor Chevrolet salesman crazy calling him every morning with new requests. Those requests included...

An aftermarket hood (yet to be decided)
An aftermarket spoiler (yet to be decided)
Chrome wheels
An amplifier and some subs
Green LED underbody lighting (not installed...yet)
Green LED Halos from AAC (still in the box to this day)
Rear window louvers
Full body black vinyl stripes :eek:

...among many, many other things.

I was shopping every night on the internet and the list just kept growing...lol. :D My salesman was more than happy to help me and the dealership never charged me a penny more than I could buy the stuff for myself...and because they're a business they were able to get the items at a reduced shipping cost so I was thrilled. And it was really nice to have someone (my salesman) help and advise me along the way because I didn't have a clue as to what I was doing and anything that was ordered incorrectly...the dealership ate.

So at his point...I was thinking that I wanted Envy to look something like this...but that idea wouldn't last for long. [URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

[URL="
[/URL]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts