Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am Martyn and I am from Holland. I live in Hamburg, Germany now and lived in LA area, Tucson AZ and DFW, TX.

I am a Cadillac freak, but since the new Camaro looks so **** fantastic, I am willing to give up my current daily driver to switch over to the 2009 Camaro! Well, the 08 CTS is also very promising, so I am still in dubio. 2009 Will tell!

As for my Cadillacs, I still own a 70 Eldorado as well and have had the 03 CTS, another 70 Eldorado, twice a 77 Sedan DeVille and a 64 Coupe DeVille. But with the Camaro I will still be loyal to GM :rolleyes:
I am also a member of the cadillacforums.com. Hence my sig.

As for my traveling, I been in mechanical engineering, flight training (airliner) and currently in aerospace industry.

So, now I am going to check out this forum and learn what's new on the Camaro. I guess I have some catching up to do, but I learned from fora that people are willing to tell and explain :)

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Welcome. Got any car pics? I am also a member over at cadillac forums although I don't post much over there though.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
I paid $5 for this title!
645 Posts
@Blues_Almighty: Mind if I ask what do people mostly drive in Hamburg?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Depending on your time zone, I am 6-10 hours ahead of you.
Where in OC are you? I lived in Costa Mesa and Anaheim Hills
oh snap....well we have a memeber in HB, i'm in yorba linda/placentia :hello:

anaheim hills is right around the corner.

edit: I just noticed it said LIVED (past tense) :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Hello and welcome aboard. A Caddy is still a GM and those "V" caddys can move so I applaud ya.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah, I was a lot in HB to chill out. But it is indeed the past tense...

In Hamburg most people drive Volkswagen, Audi, Mercedes and BMW. Either black or silver. So I wanted to stand out and it worked :D They just don't know what kind of car nor brand it is (keeps people puzzled when they stand behind me for traffic lights). That will be no problem with the Camaro!

Though, I have a V-grille, I don't have a V. Unfortunately! Just did some modding.

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Sweet. What wheels do you have?

·
Premium Member
5,668 Posts
Thanks!
Those are 20" Irmscher Evo Star. Only available in Germany :D
They fit the car very well. I like the silver painted wheels. I have to get new tires for mine soon and it might be time for an upgrade. It has 17s now, I am thinking 18s but don't want any bling on it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will tell you this.

Atleast they aren't chrome ;).
I am too lazy for chrome wheels. You have to keep polishing those to really keep them nice. And the stock CTS brakes give a lot of brake dust, so it is a pita to keep your rims clean.

Besides, I have enough bling smiling :D when I ride. I am just as proud of my CTS now as I would be with the Camaro later

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts