Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is going through the same issues and leaking from the evaporator box. :angry::angry:
As of now, with my new 2SS sitting back at the dealership undergoing warranty repair to replace the evaporator box.
What the GM representative informed me was the factory in Canada did not install the box correctly, pinching the drain seal, causing a partial flood onto the driver side floor. The incorrect installation also cracked the box itself, requiring replacement.
Now the issues.
1. I am still waiting, since last saturday, for the factory direct box is actually found. They have the part number, and availability, but do not have a bin location, and do not know where it is actually at in the warehouse.
2. Unlike many other vehicles I have owned, to get the box out, the dash and THE WINDSHIELD have to be removed.
3. Since the underlayment of the carpet was soaked, it has to be replaced, but there is no information on it yet.
So, now that I will be without my car for another week, I am wondering if anyone has dealt with this yet.

Attachments

·
8,984 Posts
Wow, brother, I hate to hear that. This is the first that I have heard.

Good Luck and be patient, again!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I will keep everyone informed. I am going up to the dealership tomorrow to take pics of the new strips (at least something is going right) and the progress of the interior and the dismantling of my baby.

Attachments

·
Registered
247 Posts
What did they give you for a loaner? JUst curious. I remember getting my $50,000.00 chevy worked on and getting a terrible beat up gutless cobalt to drive for a week. That was really depressing.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, for the first week the rental place that it was cool to give me a Vibe!?! I asked the guy if he was serious, and he thought I was joking. I just went back up yesterday to check on my car and the strips they put on and traded the rental for an Acadia. It's not too bad, much better than the Vibe.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would ask for new carpet too. You have a new car and wouldn't want it to smell like mold.
I did and they are replacing that too.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
There's a TSB about a improperly installed AC drain tube that causes the evap box to overflow and leak onto the pass side floor...hopefully they checked that before doing all this work. :eek: :eek: I can email you a .pdf of the TSB if you want to bring it to them. It seems like a pretty easy fix...just a bad grommet under the car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There's a TSB about a improperly installed AC drain tube that causes the evap box to overflow and leak onto the pass side floor...hopefully they checked that before doing all this work. :eek: :eek: I can email you a .pdf of the TSB if you want to bring it to them. It seems like a pretty easy fix...just a bad grommet under the car.
They checked that first, and it was smashed, so they ordered a new one. As they were inspecting the rest of the box, they found a crack along the left edge, also aiding in the leakage. The leak actually was funneled over to the driver side, which I found 7 days after I took possesion while my wife and I were detailing it. Just another arg type of day. As of today, myself and the dealership are waiting for the parts to show up from Michigan. If I am lucky, I might get to drive my car again this weekend.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
They checked that first, and it was smashed, so they ordered a new one. As they were inspecting the rest of the box, they found a crack along the left edge, also aiding in the leakage. The leak actually was funneled over to the driver side, which I found 7 days after I took possesion while my wife and I were detailing it. Just another arg type of day. As of today, myself and the dealership are waiting for the parts to show up from Michigan. If I am lucky, I might get to drive my car again this weekend.

wow...that sucks. Hopefully it'll get taken care of quickly, and you can go back to enjoying your car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well the pictures below are heart breaking, so if you can stomach the sight of an SS dismantled, take a look.
This is the bottom line. Everything had to come out. The drain boot was partially smashed, but not the issue.
The first picture shows where the box is broken, which was right over the gas pedal.
The second is of the interior, or whats left inside.
The third picture is of the parts pile awaiting to go back in.
The fourth is the entire box.
So the final tally, which is still ongoing, is 3 weeks without my car, 2 weeks waiting on the box, windshield and carpet from Chevrolet.
Only good thing is my stripes are now on the car and the windows are tinted. (for all the guys over on the other thread discussing tint, I have no idea at the moment what was used or what they did for the rear window.)
If I am lucky, I will get to drive my car for the first time in almost a month next weekend.:(

Attachments

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
OUCH...did your dealer offer you a nice loner-car?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OUCH...did your dealer offer you a nice loner-car?
I talked about it earlier, first they gave me a vibe, then I traded up to an Acadia. They tried to give me flack about the upgraded rental, because it is supossed to be short time transportation. But they gave in and let me have the better one.

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
Well the pictures below are heart breaking, so if you can stomach the sight of an SS dismantled, take a look.
This is the bottom line. Everything had to come out. The drain boot was partially smashed, but not the issue.
The first picture shows where the box is broken, which was right over the gas pedal.
The second is of the interior, or whats left inside.
The third picture is of the parts pile awaiting to go back in.
The fourth is the entire box.
So the final tally, which is still ongoing, is 3 weeks without my car, 2 weeks waiting on the box, windshield and carpet from Chevrolet.
Only good thing is my stripes are now on the car and the windows are tinted. (for all the guys over on the other thread discussing tint, I have no idea at the moment what was used or what they did for the rear window.)
If I am lucky, I will get to drive my car for the first time in almost a month next weekend.:(

:barf: omg that looks terrible

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
why did they have to remove the door panel?
they decided it was a good time to adjust the lights in the door, since they were not lighting properly.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As of yesterday, the car is back together. :D and they were supposed to get it tinted today. I will see. The bad thing is that I can't get back to my car until friday night or saturday morning. :mad:

·
Registered
257 Posts
wow they finally got it all fixed. just think pretty soon u will be able to drive it and u will forget about what happend. make sure you post some pics of the tint

1 - 20 of 26 Posts