Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Drone is not a cut and dried thing...it is very much relative to the listener. You might want to read this thread...

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/5th-generation-camaro-news-general-discussion/35561-need-some-help-please.html

So I would listen to YouTube videos and decide what kind of sound you like best...because only your opinion matters here...NOT anyone else's opinion of drone or lack there of.

EDIT: Here's another thread that might help too...

http://www.moderncamaro.com/forum/camaro-convertible-discussion/35708-bset-sounding-axel-back-exhaust.html

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have corsa on my 2011 convertible. It is absolutely drone free. You can here when you get on the gas and not at all while cruising. I love mine for my convertible.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have corsa on my 2011 convertible. It is absolutely drone free. You can here when you get on the gas and not at all while cruising. I love mine for my convertible.
I had a GM Performance Parts axle back and that didn't drone. Bit overpriced if you buy them from a GM dealer though.

Other than that, has anyone else heard the following reputable brands?

Magnaflow
Borla
Flowmaster

The flowmasters aren't pretty ... but they have big mufflers so you'd think they'd be less like to drone.

I know Borla say on their website they don't ... But I'm not a fan of the 6 cyl system ... a bit too "raspy" for me.

I read an article somewhere recently where someone trialled all of the known brands of aftermarket exhausts on a mustang ... and in that case the magnaflow had the lowest spl.

Good luck!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Other than that, has anyone else heard the following reputable brands?

Magnaflow
Borla
Flowmaster

The flowmasters aren't pretty ... but they have big mufflers so you'd think they'd be less like to drone.
I have heard all three with various set-ups. But they're all GMPP exhaust systems...I have the dealer installed Flowmaster...which system did you have?

·
Registered
105 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dynomax VT Axleback for the win! It sounds so sick underload but inside it as quiet as stock..This is with a car with LTs and HFC, non resonated X Pipe...sounds AMAZING!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts