Modern Camaro Forums banner

Exhaust Help

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  93 Octane 
#1 ·
I have narrowed it down to two setups.

SLP Loudmouth with a K&N CAI

or

Boral ATAK Exhaust

Both sound awesome but the price is way different. About $1200 for the Borla ATAK and around $800 total for the SLP/K&N.

I had an SLP 455 Bobcat package on my 06 GTO and I loved it.

Anyone had any experience with either of these two exhaust?

#2 ·
Get what you like, if you got the green, does it really matter :D

Borla's are bad A** & high end bran name vs K&N but both are good brands IMO.

Good luck :thumbsup:

#3 · (Edited)
Borla ATAK

better setup IMHO... the SLP has about a hundred different connections which require band clamps, creating the potential for multiple exhaust leaks. less is more in this case, the borla system has fewer connections, fewer chances of leaks.

also, the ATAK was designed to have zero drone at cruising speeds, the SLP is just a muffler delete which will drone, especially if you have an A6 and AFM is still enabled.

it may cost more, but you do not want to skimp on performance parts! just save up and get a good quality intake later on. the K&N is good, but there are others out there. just google "Jannetty Racing camaro air intake results part 2" and you will see a comparison of most the intakes on the market.

#7 ·
HI THIS IS MY FIRST POST I JUST JOIN THIS SITE

93 I FEEL YOUR PAIN

I JUST PICKED UP MY NEW 2 SS LS3 A FEW WEEKS AGO AND I HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE WEB LOOKING AND READING . NEXT TUESDAY IT GETS PICK IT UP AT THE BODY / PAINT SHOP WITH THE STREET SCENE GROUND EFFECTS & STRIPES . AND THEN ITS OFF TO MY FRIENDS PERFORMANCE SHOP FOR THE K&N INTAKE, BORLA HEADERS AND CORSA CAT BACK THAT I ORDERED A FEW HOURS AGO . (I HAVEN"T HAD TIME TO TELL MY WIFE YET) LOL

))))) MY QUESTION TO ALL OF YOU IS ??? ;;;; WILL I START GETTING CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS AND NEED TO FLASH THE PCM ? WITH THIS EXHAUST UPGRADE

REGARDS ERIC

#8 ·
Zook - Welcome to :5go:. Just a hint, you'll make more friends if you deactivate the caps lock key. We feel yelled at. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.