Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure the Camaro would sound great from the factory, but I know I would change it in a heart beat. Even Gm has the follow the rules in db regulations. But I, like many of us, are going to break it.

So I was look on a G8 forum and came across an Aussie exhaust that struck me.
This system:

http://xforce.com.au.tmp.anchor.net.au/cars/view_car/38

Perfect for a loud controlled sound, but has the option to quiet it down little lower than stock. ( I have a loud Mustang GT and there are times I wish it could quiet after a hard day)

I hope a Holden VE system could be modified to be used on a Camaro.

·
Registered
318 Posts
As much as I love loud exhaust, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my 5th gen quite yet. I know for a fact that, the day I get it, the stock mufflers are coming off, and some straight pipes and double-walled tips are going on. Other than that, I think I'll be waiting for some longtube headers, and an off-road X-pipe. We have quite a few LOUD 05+ Mustang GT's rolling around, and I'd really like to scare the crap out of them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
two dmh cutouts in place of the resonator. Quiet as stock when closed, REALLY loud when open. I have a camaro with a big cam, long tubes and cutouts right after the collectors. They install easy and are alot cheaper than that exhaust.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thats a nice feature to make it loud or quiet, lets hope that the sounds is loud and scares the hell out of the stang boys.

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
two dmh cutouts in place of the resonator. Quiet as stock when closed, REALLY loud when open. I have a camaro with a big cam, long tubes and cutouts right after the collectors. They install easy and are alot cheaper than that exhaust.
The problem with cutouts are that the sound isnt control. You are limited to quiet and god forsaken loud. I like to have a car without the drone regardless of the setting. I like to have the loudness I have now on my car (loud but not as loud as cutouts) and good flow, but the ability to quiet it down when i want to. I like to have a high quality system on this car.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well, there's always an Offroad H-pipe to get rid of drone.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I'll wait until there's a cat-back setup from Spin-tech...I've always thought that they are the best sounding mufflers. There's a GTO/cat-back sound clip on their website that sounds perfect.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm planning on doing a couple cutouts and a catback; probably Borla. I've always liked the way their mufflers have sounded and have had two of their catbacks on my 4th. Gens. I'd LOVE to find a side pipe kit where the tips came out in front of the rear tires, like I've seen on GTOs, but won't hold my breathe. Because of smog, I'm keeping my exhaust mods' to a minimum this time and don't plan on headers unless they are legal and produce some actual power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts