Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a set of Kooks 1 and 3/4" headers sitting in my garage that I purchased to install on my car. These are stepped into 2" and into 3" connecting pipes for true 3" duals to the back.

I'm planning on installing a new 415-427 ci engine within the year.

Should I keep these headers or get 1 and 7/8" headers? I'm looking for a street driver with torque in mind and not a high revving track duty machine. I don't want to choke off the engine either. Your input is quickly asked because I have someone interested in my headers if I wish to sell.

Thanks.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Depends on what heads you're using.
If you're using heads that flow huge numbers (like 320cfm+), then stepping up to the 1 7/8 headers would be a benefit, otherwise there woldn't be much to gain. But even keeping the ones you have certainly wouldn't choke it.

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
You already have true duals?

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
Oh nvm I see its a GTO. I was trying to see how 3in duals would fit under a street driven 4th gen. Nice.

·
ModernCamaro.com Founder / Former Camaro Disciple
11,842 Posts
Nice looking exhaust setup! :)

Well, both the LS7 and L92 heads flow real well, so you would benefit a few ponies from the 1 7/8 headers. However, if you already have the others, just keep em, it's not gonna choke it.

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Sold my headers today.

The guy pulled up and cash was exchanged in less than a minute. He didn't even want to open the box, but I insisted that he at least inspect them before he left.

I'll get the header with 1 and 7/8" primary tubes because the next engine will probably make good use of them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts