Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im undecided if I should put the kooks full exhaust (headers high, high flow cats, xpipe, and mufflers or if I should get the corsa cat back and put some other headers and high flow cats with it. My biggest concern is avoiding too much drone at low rpms thats why i was thinking about using the corsa. Does anyone have or know of anyone with the kooks full system and how it sounds? I'd appreciate the input.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
drone does suck...just to maybe add another option, I have the complete ARH system and there is ZERO drone.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive heard the american racing headers are great but havent looked into the cat back yet. I'm assuming you love the way it sounds?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
ive heard the american racing headers are great but havent looked into the cat back yet. I'm assuming you love the way it sounds?
it's maybe a hair too quiet at idle, but comes to life when you're on the throttle. It's better than drone.:D Honestly, I haven't heard of any others that have no drone w/ LT headers.

·
Registered
4,449 Posts
the ARH kit is available in either a "short kit" (headers and hi-flow cats or off-road connections), "standard kit" (short kit plus 3" x-pipe and 3" to 2.5" connection pipes) or full exhaust kit (standard kit plus mufflers and tips)

i do know for a fact you will be spending more if you get Corsa cat-back and headers plus cats, rather than a full kit from either Kooks or ARH.

some others you can look into if on a budget are Texas Speed full header back kit. its a full 3" exhaust kit available with either cats or off-road pipes. or LG Motorsports.

·
Registered
3 Posts
mods vs powertrain warranty

i'm taking delivery on a 2011 IBM 2SS/RS L99 this Wednesday and i'm torn between keeping it plain stock or doing some mods like PowerFreak's. i've played the video for the ARH full system on LMPerformance.com and it sounds great. Is it worth losing GM's powertrain warranty?

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
i'm taking delivery on a 2011 IBM 2SS/RS L99 this Wednesday and i'm torn between keeping it plain stock or doing some mods like PowerFreak's. i've played the video for the ARH full system on LMPerformance.com and it sounds great. Is it worth losing GM's powertrain warranty?

CONGRATS and welcome.:5go:

that's really only a question that YOU can answer. Drive it for a while and see how you like it stock. You have picked the fastest color though.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
holding off on mods for now

i agree with you PowerFreak: keep it stock for a little while and then decide.

quick question: what made you choose the LSR air induction?

p.s. got the silver rally stripes and gray interior - looks great with the IBM:thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The other thing I was curious about is if I should go with 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 headers. From what Ive read it seems 1 7/8 is only if your pushing some serious power. I plan on going all blot ons with a tune

·
Registered
3 Posts
primaries

The other thing I was curious about is if I should go with 1 3/4 and 1 7/8 headers. From what Ive read it seems 1 7/8 is only if your pushing some serious power. I plan on going all blot ons with a tune

from everything i've read at Camaro5, 1-7/8" is the way to go. the price for 1-3/4" doesn't justify the price, and racers use the 2" primaries.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
i have a friend with the full KOOKS setup. it sounds great, it really comes alive under WOT.

I have KOOKS headers and straight pipes basically, its loud all the time:D

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
1-7/8 is the way to go.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
i agree with you PowerFreak: keep it stock for a little while and then decide.

quick question: what made you choose the LSR air induction?

p.s. got the silver rally stripes and gray interior - looks great with the IBM:thumbsup:
it's good when people agree with me.:thumbsup: I put 1000 miles on mine before I changed anything. It was OK stock...but oh so much better now.:lol:

I like the LSR because it requires a tune. But I also like Vararam and CAI.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
1 3/4 is so a ls1 header size

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a full kooks catback and it has zero drone

·
Registered
387 Posts
actually with the exact same upgrades except the header size i got 8 more RWHP on the same dyno as a friend of mine.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
I have a full kooks catback and it has zero drone
no drone at 1800-2000rpm in 5th/6th gear on the highway? That seems to be the no-so-sweet drone spot.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts