Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put together a web site because I was tired of hunting through a bunch of posts to find the exhaust clip I was looking for. Let me know what you guys think or if you have suggestions on something that should be added.

I don't think the admins will have a problem with this.

sampleexhaustsounds.com

The site will continue to grow as time goes by and content is added, the more requests, the more complete the library!

Let me know if you are looking for something you don't see on the site!

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
I don't see my set-up on there or anything close and the samples look limited. Plus some of those videos don't even say what brand exhaust components are being used which makes them kinda worthless IMO because EVERY brand sounds different and people need to know that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see my set-up on there or anything close and the samples look limited. Plus some of those videos don't even say what brand exhaust components are being used which makes them kinda worthless IMO because EVERY brand sounds different and people need to know that.
The samples are limited because the site just opened. Samples are constantly being updated.

Are you looking for the name of the header that is being used? While the length of the primary may change by a couple of inches from company to company, I have not found it to make that much of an audible difference. I have found that the diameter of the primary seems to make a difference which is why I listed it.

What is your exhaust? If you have a clip of it I would be happy to put it up on the site.

The sites intention is to help people find the exhaust that they are looking for. Exhaust is expensive given its function and over all power production so why not try and figure out exactly what you want rather than guess what you want.

Ideally each clip would have a sound clip inside, outside and a drive by however I work with what I have. I would also like to work out some sort of drone scale but based on the differences in microphones that would be hard. There are a lot of ideas just need to figure out a way to implement them.

If you would like to make constructive suggestions I would be more than happy to change things around to make them better but there is no reason to criticize something that is free and just trying to help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't been on in a while, anyone looking for anything new? The vette guys have talked about expanding the sound bites to cams and superchargers, would you guys be interested in that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice numbers, dyno's like that don't give a very clear exhaust note, especially being in the corner of a room and being inside. I appreciate you sharing that with us.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts