Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for those of you who haven't heard one yet - i heard a L99 yesterday start/idle/rev..............my wifes Cobalt is louder! everyone was looking at each other and saying "thats it?"

i would strongly suggest the exhaust be one of your 1st upgrades.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the L99 that much different?

I have heard the LS3 a few times, I have a hard time believing the L99 sounds much different.

While I'd pop for an upgrade myself, I have yet to hear a Cobalt with a stock exhaust system louder than the LS3 Camaro.
haven't heard an LS3 but doubt if it's much (if any) different. was the LS3 you refer to a new Camaro? i'm just saying, he pegged 5000 RPM and nobody standing behind the car would have to raise their voice to continue a conversation.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I was just talking to a buddy on the phone and we started speaking about exhaust on the new Camaro I mentioned that you said this car ( L99 was quiet ) He said a post on the board Camaro5 a guy said just the same thing in the first post.
So I asked which post and went and took a look for myself
hmmmmmmm intersting lol so they say at idle its almost at dead silence ?????

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=415161#post415161

I thought one of the pros of this car was how a tall guy could sit in the backseat ??????? hmmmmm makes me wonder now.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
haven't heard an LS3 but doubt if it's much (if any) different. was the LS3 you refer to a new Camaro? i'm just saying, he pegged 5000 RPM and nobody standing behind the car would have to raise their voice to continue a conversation.
Yes, LS3 Camaro. I was standing next to it and it sounds NICE. You were hard pressed to have any conversation when it was in the throttle. I cannot imaging the L99 being THAT much different :cool:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I thought one of the pros of this car was how a tall guy could sit in the backseat ??????? hmmmmm makes me wonder now.
I hope you're kidding. There's no way any review claimed that a tall guy would be comfortable in the back seat of a Camaro, or a Mustang. The fact that a 6'5" guy can sit comfortably in the FRONT seat is surprising enough.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Is the L99 that much different?

I have heard the LS3 a few times, I have a hard time believing the L99 sounds much different.

While I'd pop for an upgrade myself, I have yet to hear a Cobalt with a stock exhaust system louder than the LS3 Camaro.
Maybe that's due to the "detuning" that loses 26 HP? Or maybe the exhaust configuration is slightly different... if so I would waste no time reclaiming that HP with a new intake and exhaust.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
I hope you're kidding. There's no way any review claimed that a tall guy would be comfortable in the back seat of a Camaro, or a Mustang. The fact that a 6'5" guy can sit comfortably in the FRONT seat is surprising enough.
I'm 6' even and sat in the back, just as uncomfortable as a 4th gen unless the person in front is 4 feet tall :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
A video that was posted on here had a guy that was 6ft2 and he said it was decent comfortable in the back seat.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I can imagine it being a bit quieter. My automatic mustang GT is significantly quieter than a manual GT. Even the V6's with just a few bolt on's sound better to me.

It makes me regret having an automatic. But god all I hear are complaints about manuals living in a city with traffic.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
I agree 2010SSRS Sheesh its going to be ok lol

Even though my new 5thgen will have an aftermarket exhaust I will admitt and say that There is nothing wrong with Factory exhaust. My 69 has the factory mufflers on it or factory style and it still has the Big Block V8 Rumble Gm gave her from the Factory.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
is the GMPP exhaust an aftermarket brand or is it gm's self made exhaust?
Not sure how accurate, but I heard the shorty headers were actually made by borla, so maybe the exhaust is too.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts