Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2013 SS and didnt like the sound so i installed a Borla ATAK system, removing the mufflers and Resinators, Didn't make it that much loader, any one have this problem and know a fix? youtube i watched sounds nice but im not getting it,, heard alot of fixes from removing cats to headers to tuner, I thought just changing the exhaust would do it.. any help?

·
Banned
101 Posts
Just bought a 2013 SS and didnt like the sound so i installed a Borla ATAK system, removing the mufflers and Resinators, Didn't make it that much loader, any one have this problem and know a fix? youtube i watched sounds nice but im not getting it,, heard alot of fixes from removing cats to headers to tuner, I thought just changing the exhaust would do it.. any help?
Just changing the exhaust should have made it a little louder. Headers will make it even louder. Removing the CATS when you install the headers, if you don't need to pass smog, will make it louder as well. A local guy has headers, no cats, and ATAK and it is pretty loud. Another route that is more economical than headers are cutouts.

·
ユキヒョウ
1,442 Posts
it takes a couple of months for the system to get broken in. My friend's took 3-4 months and now it sounds awesome considering she's still has stock manifolds and cats. The more you drive it the quicker it'll get to sounding super.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
it takes a couple of months for the system to get broken in. My friend's took 3-4 months and now it sounds awesome considering she's still has stock manifolds and cats. The more you drive it the quicker it'll get to sounding super.
My thoughts exactly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts