Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i received an email from my local dealership inviting me to test drive the new camaro. I am really exited b/c of it, but im worried that they dont take me seriously just because i am a young costumer (probably that is why i did not ask for a test drive when i went to see the camaros at my dealership). My point is that im scared that they dont let me test drive the camaro just b/c im 18 and they think i may do something to the car. (i have 4 years of driving experience and i have a perfect record no tickets, no crashes and a valid drivers license :) ) and i wanted to ask you guys if is there something that prevents me from test driving a camaro? probably is a stupid question, but i had to ask :D
Thanks! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
You should be able to test drive the Camaro. They might make a salesman go with you but they should let you drive. If not call BigFoot to drive over all their cars lol J/K

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Don't think for the dealership, that's called assuming. If they didn't want you to test drive, they wouldn't have asked. Yes, your age may have played a factor in their eyes, but they invited you anyways, take that as a good sign.

That's my two cents, I'm saving the rest for my down payment :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
some dealerships have insurance that only cover people that are 21, but otherwise there shouldnt be a problem. Im 19 and i test drove about 5 cars including the camaro no problem. the only problem i had was with an arrogant ford dealership that wouldnt let me test drive a mustang gt because it has "too much" horsepower and is in stick. They said that i needed the primary buyer even though id be cosigning with my dad. What the aholes didnt know is that i learned how to drive stick on a 75 stingray and driving a crappy stang is a breeze compared to that thing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You should be able to test drive the Camaro. They might make a salesman go with you but they should let you drive. If not call BigFoot to drive over all their cars lol J/K
Yeah a lot of dealers have the salesman go with, not only with young drivers, if nothing else it gives them time to point out more stuff and keep you on "the route". A lot of dealers have a prefered route that keeps you on smooth roads and out of heavy traffic as much as possible. I'd say go and find out, but I wouldnt forsee a problem.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
If they offered then drive it. Every new car I have purchased the dealer went with me (I'm almost 50). It normally gives the salesman time to have some alone time with the customer. It also allows time for them to show the car.

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I felt the same way when I walked into a local dealership. Even though I'm 20 I told the guy I was interested in a Camaro and he kind of just sat there until I told him I was in a horrible car accident and got a huge settlement lol then he bent over backwards to help me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts