Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a new 2SSRS and was wondering if you can purchase an extended warranty. With all the electronics doo-dads ,it would be a good idea.

For the last 10 years I have only bought Toyotas , and have always purchased the extended service and warranty package for between $1000 and $2000.

Does GM offer anything like this for the Camaro?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I just picked up a new 2SSRS and was wondering if you can purchase an extended warranty. With all the electronics doo-dads ,it would be a good idea.

For the last 10 years I have only bought Toyotas , and have always purchased the extended service and warranty package for between $1000 and $2000.

Yes, GM has a GREAT warranty they offer. Did you buy your car from a dealer? Just ask them! If you bought it from a private party then I'll have to do some research for you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , new from a dealer , but it was the very end of the day , and everyone was exhausted.

Do you know how much the extended costs?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just talked to the salesman , about $1800 from GM, I think he said 5 year 100k mile.

Ouch.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Being that I have promised myself to KEEP IT STOCK for as long as I own the car ,I think its money well spent.

See,3 of my 4 previous Camaros were all stock , and they never gave me trouble. To me at least ,there is something very appealing about the unaltered factory correct look.

This is by far the most technically advanced sports car I have ever owned. Most of the tech is beyond my basic mechanical understanding and ability to repair.

That makes tinkering a little dangerous [regarding warranty repair/replacement] when 'big brother' knows how many times you open and closed the door.

I am very happy with the performance and styling just the way it is. So I am going to buy the extended warranty.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Call Mike Wandry in our business office - 800-261-3020

He'll sell you one for GM employee pricing. Everything can be done over the phone, and valid at any GM dealer

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts

Financially speaking, the Extended warranty is a poor decision. Insurance companies have invested MILLIONS to research the odds. If the odds weren't in their favor, they wouldn't offer them ;)

Have you kept track of how much you would have spent in repairs out of pocket the last 10 years if you didn't have those warranties? I'd be interested in the numbers based on your personal experience.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Financially speaking, the Extended warranty is a poor decision. Insurance companies have invested MILLIONS to research the odds. If the odds weren't in their favor, they wouldn't offer them ;)

Have you kept track of how much you would have spent in repairs out of pocket the last 10 years if you didn't have those warranties? I'd be interested in the numbers based on your personal experience.
I dont wanna talk about it.:lol:

Most of the extended warranty cars are only 2 or 3 years old.Now that you mentioned it , I have not yet had to invoke them for parts or labor YET. The other few were sold/traded , and remaining amounts refunded. All Toyotas , for my wife,parents,work,and myself. No complaints.

I must be very careful , "Murphy" watches us all. We all know what happens to the one car that does not have it.

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts
Extended warranty's are great if you can afford them & get it from GM,
if your going to, do GM's, its the best way to go IMO :D
Just be careful tho, their are company's out their that don't do much and are limited at best,
I know from many experiences, once you use a Ex. warranty a couple times,
the provider will state you used all your credit/allowance for the fiscal yr :facepalm:
or worse for the entire warranty :facepalm::facepalm:
specially when you need them the most ..
Never use your Ex.Warranty on small stuff 100-500 in damage/repair, your better off
not claiming it..
Hope that helps.. theirs me 2c :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Extended warranty's are great if you can afford them & get it from GM,
if your going to, do GM's, its the best way to go IMO :D
Just be careful tho, their are company's out their that don't do much and are limited at best,
I know from many experiences, once you use a Ex. warranty a couple times,
the provider will state you used all your credit/allowance for the fiscal yr :facepalm:
or worse for the entire warranty :facepalm::facepalm:
specially when you need them the most ..
Never use your Ex.Warranty on small stuff 100-500 in damage/repair, your better off
not claiming it..
Hope that helps.. theirs me 2c :D
??Allowance for the fiscal year??
That is some fine print that I missed. Are you referring to the GM warranty or the off brand?

·
9,152 Posts
I dont wanna talk about it.:lol:

Most of the extended warranty cars are only 2 or 3 years old.Now that you mentioned it , I have not yet had to invoke them for parts or labor YET. The other few were sold/traded , and remaining amounts refunded. All Toyotas , for my wife,parents,work,and myself. No complaints.

I must be very careful , "Murphy" watches us all. We all know what happens to the one car that does not have it.
Funny you mention Murphy. He is the VERY reason for a cash emergency fund :cool:

I've never had an extended warranty. I bought the last new car I ever will in 2000. First halfway expensive repair came at well over 100K miles. Paid cash for that :)

·
Support MC & Troops
11,799 Posts

·
3,081 Posts
My extended warranty was give to me. I had the deal already done, my payment where I wanted it, and then my wife chims in and says to the dealer......I will cosign with him, but only with a extended warranty. The dealer said he could not do that. As we were leaving he stops us in the parking lot and says ok he would make it work. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought one from gmoutlet.com. They are a dealership. Paid 805 for a 84 month 56,000 with a 200 deductible. They have other plans available. 100 off till the 15th of nov, but they always have a sale price of 50 or 100 off.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts

well:rolleyes:
as long as you do not get into trouble with your car, it IS a waste of money (as is any kind of insurance)
the reason for buying an insurance is to cover unforeseable events, which do happen sometimes and cost a lot of money (far more than you want to spend or can even afford to spend) by paying a fraction of that money...

in other words: what you buy is peace of mind for a small regular investment you are sure, you are covered in case...

:5go:

·
9,152 Posts
well:rolleyes:
as long as you do not get into trouble with your car, it IS a waste of money (as is any kind of insurance)
the reason for buying an insurance is to cover unforeseable events, which do happen sometimes and cost a lot of money (far more than you want to spend or can even afford to spend) by paying a fraction of that money...

in other words: what you buy is peace of mind for a small regular investment you are sure, you are covered in case...

:5go:
While true, comparing it to, say, auto insurance isn't entirely accurate. Not having auto insurance can cost you MUCH more that not having an auto Warranty :D

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
While true, comparing it to, say, auto insurance isn't entirely accurate. Not having auto insurance can cost you MUCH more that not having an auto Warranty :D
:lol::lol::lol:
well
ask the poor guy who took part in the oshawa run
and who posted later
my camaro went home to oshawa to die
any idea how much a new engine is?
i am not saying, i couldn't afford it
it is about the money we spend each year on different vacations...
...but i prefer to spend the money on having fun
instead of wasting it for just restoring the condition of my car as it was before...
but that is my opinion
and i simply do not have the power to imagine i would rather spend my money on costly repairs instead of having fun with it;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts