Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have seen in pictures thus far it appears the following badging is prominant:

- "Camaro" on fender behind wheel.
- "RS" (if ordered) on front grill and rear panel, both off-centered.

Do we know as yet what exterior badging will be noticeable, if any, on the following models?

- LS.
- LT.
- SS.

Furthermore, if there will be exterior SS badging, which one of the RS and SS will be the more prominant if both are ordered (EG - first generation opted for the SS dominance)?

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
I think I can answer that.

Tim (Octane) has said that there will be no exterior designation on LS and LTs.

The "RS" badging will only appear as "RS" on the V-6 models with the package. If you order an SS w/RS package, "RS" will no appear on the car, rather the "SS" will be red instead of silver/chrome..

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Don, I really wish I had the answers for you. I would imagine one of the last things GM does is finalize the badge selection/placement for a new car line.

Personally, I have always 'de-badged' most of the cars I've owned and the new Camaro will be no exception.

This will be the only identifying badge on my car.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
I think I can answer that.

Tim (Octane) has said that there will be no exterior designation on LS and LTs.

The "RS" badging will only appear as "RS" on the V-6 models with the package. If you order an SS w/RS package, "RS" will no appear on the car, rather the "SS" will be red instead of silver/chrome..
Correct, Devryn. Here's the quote from Tim's post.

RS Appearance Package - available on LT and SS

HID headlamps with "halo ring"
Rear Spoiler (LT only - SS already has it)
20-inch 5-spoke wheel with Midnight Silver paint finish
RS-unique tail lamps
Body-color roof ditch molding
RS badging on driver's side grille and passenger side trunk lid

When combined with SS, SS badging becomes red instead of silver

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Don, I really wish I had the answers for you. I would imagine of the last things GM does is finalize the badge selection/placement for a new car line.

Personally, I have always 'de-badged' most of the cars I've owned and the new Camaro will be no exception.

This will be the only identifying badge on my car.

+1....We will have twin cars if you get that paint/stripe combo. Great minds think alike. :D

·
Premium Member
2,665 Posts
I hate to sound like a copy cat (no pun intended), but this (^) is prolly going to my choice too. We didnt got aqua instead of Jinx Blue or Jetstream. So Im forced to go to the next best thing for me. Ill have some different styling cues to make it different tho.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I love the look of a great big bow tie front and center!! Mine will always proudly wear it!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
I love the look of a great big bow tie front and center!! Mine will always proudly wear it!!
I'm in the same thought as this. The way I see it, I fell in love with the concept as a whole. So if the concept had it, I want it too. Or as close as GM can give it to us.

Sean

·
Registered
199 Posts
how do you "de-badge" without scratching?

·
Premium Member
3,867 Posts
Very carefully. And with a hair dryer.

·
8,984 Posts
Oh, I always asumed that manufacture badges were somehow bolted or screwed on. What about the ss or rs on the front grills. How will these most likely be attached?
That's old-skool baby.

Think double-sided tape.

Leave the car out in the TEXAS sun for a few hours and they will typically peel right off.

3M make a liquid adhesive remover, that is much like alcohol to clean up any residue......

I have also used dental floss to remove tightly placed emblems.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts