Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Cmon guys. Lets not have them put together our cars half asleep now.

Go :canada:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
Cmon guys. Lets not have them put together our cars half asleep now.

Go :canada:

are you serious? a struggling company should be doing everything they can, working as long as it takes to get the job done!

thats how we work in my line of buisness but i guess thats the binefits of working for a "the union". they work what, 8hrs a day , give me a break:lol:

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I guess they're getting ready for BK....during the proceedings until the plan is approved, as I understand it, all production will stop. I could be wrong, but everything points to the BK setup.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
They can do whatever they like, as far as I'm concerned. As long as the car is right, I don't care if it's right NOW. I'll wait.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I think the problem with overtime is not them being "half asleep" I'm sure they can cope with extra work. The problem I would see is to ask a struggling company to PAY overtime, I realize they could get more out faster and get more overall revenue, but paying time and a half adds to production cost. Not an accountant but I'm guessing that would be a factor.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
I'm not a pro-union guy or anything, but I hate to see anyone being forced to work on the weekends.

Keeping the employees happy with create more moral and pride in their work - and it will trickle down into the very cars we are driving. This will be worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
I'm not a pro-union guy or anything, but I hate to see anyone being forced to work on the weekends.

Keeping the employees happy with create more moral and pride in their work - and it will trickle down into the very cars we are driving. This will be worth the wait.
...ever hear of voluntary overtime? Our company does it all the time.

·
Registered
370 Posts
are you serious? a struggling company should be doing everything they can, working as long as it takes to get the job done!

thats how we work in my line of buisness but i guess thats the binefits of working for a "the union". they work what, 8hrs a day , give me a break:lol:
I'm not sure where your going with the above comments ! So i'll just take it that you don't do line assembly work. I notice that you've ordered a 1ss so just let me say Thank You for supporting GM and Team Camaro. Super6 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's also hard to do vol overtime on a production line. When my wife worked at a GM supplier not everyone did every job, and if you don't have enough people you can't run the line. Having only one shift there likely aren't a lot of extra people so even if everyone is crosstrained, even a small % of people not volunteering can basically bring the line to a halt. Any overtime would likely have to be mandatory.

As far as mandatory overtime, I don't think its that bad as long as it's not excessive. I've worked in many different types of jobs and a little overtime is kinda nice usually, bit of extra money, but in excess it can really affect worker health attitude etc and can cause more problems. So I say SOME overtime :thumbsup: a lot of overtime :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
262 Posts
BK????? I feel that they need to do a good job and I don't care how long it takes to get mine. I just want it right when it gets here. I've got to sit in one and put my hands on one. The first one that came in to town was sold to a 16 year old for her birthday. What luck.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm not sure where your going with the above comments ! So i'll just take it that you don't do line assembly work. I notice that you've ordered a 1ss so just let me say Thank You for supporting GM and Team Camaro. Super6 :thumbsup:
Super 6,
Tell everyone that I said "Keep up the good work". I love my new
Rally Yellow 2SS! Number 4645. I will keep it til I die! It gets cleaned everyday! I now have 273 miles on it with no problems.
Thanks again,
Randy Bucchino
Uxbridge, MA, USA

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts