Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all of you on here...PLEASE take the time to read this story. Very sobering (yes, pun intended!) write-up of a local man that not only wrecked his 2010 Camaro but he took the life of his buddy in the passenger seat.

The one picture says it all. Drinking and driving is not cool...it's not safe and to be honest with you it's plain stupid.

Yes, I'm on a little rant but I believe it should be a given that you shouldn't drink and drive. This young man now faces a grim future without his buddy. You can replace a car...you can't replace your friend that died because of your actions.

http://www.caller.com/news/2010/feb/19/one-man-dies-another-injured-one-car-accident/

On a side note - We have a card that we pass out to our young military members that gives them a FREE ride home from the bar here in Corpus Christi. The Coast Guard and the Navy Chief's Mess pays for this out of our own pockets and it's one of the best programs that we have going here. And, don't worry, we have ways of preventing member's from abusing this program!

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
people need to stop wrecking their Camaros!!! powerful cars like Camaros can get away from a sober person... no need to add alcohol to the mix. senseless tragedy :(

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I'm glad the car's gone. He obviously cared more for the car than his buddy's well being otherwise.. I dunno..

He'd have hailed a cab and had the car towed? What a d-bag. Kill your Camaro and your friend. Real smooth.

·
Supporter of common sense
9,152 Posts
Very sad story no matter what they were driving. I know I took many chances when I was younger, wish I was smarter earlier. :(

people need to stop wrecking their Camaros!!! powerful cars like Camaros can get away from a sober person... no need to add alcohol to the mix. senseless tragedy :(
We aren't talking Ferrari here...

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Ive been in law enforcement for 20yrs. The hits I have seen are just horrible. They stay with you for a long time. What happens to a human body in an extreme crash is just a horrifying sight.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Glad to hear they took there own lifes and no one elses, I personally dont drink at all, so I'm always worried about the people that do. Unfortunetly they made a decision to drive, now they need to suffer the consiquences of that decision....

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is what makes me hesitate about getting a camaro. I drive a truck, a little more metal and higher up. I can't imagine driving a camaro and getting hit by a full size truck. Kinda scares me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts