Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Not sure if anyone has posted this before so if it is a duplicate question, I apologize. While running some errands I hit some unavoidable road construction(the streets had been roughed up badly). Being the over protective parent of a 5th gen that I am, when I got home I parked her in the garage and got down with some quick detailer just to ensure there had been no chipping when I noticed it. At first I thought It was a scratch but after feeling it and getting a closer look it appears to be some kind of a film over the paint. I noticed patches of it behind the the tires on the lowest panel of the car and on the bottom rear corners of the door. I took some pictures and captured it the best I could, forgive the the dirt but taken as soon as I returned home. Is this a chip guard, a very small section of a invisiguard like material? Has anyone else noticed this?

Attachments

·
THE FBODFATHER
487 Posts
whoops, looked again using a flashlight. I do have it.

Of course you do!

It's very difficult to make it 'disappear' and at the same time protect the paint.

Think about it: You're moving at 70mph and a stone hits you..........

.............that's kinda tough on ANY finish........

We put it there because we KNOW that most of our owners care very much for their Camaros -- and they polish them with pride....and every chip is painful to discover.

Tidbit: I was driving "Thor" on I-75 one night coming back from Ohio.

I was driving *just over* :suburban:the speed limit -- and there was a Grand Cherokee in front of me.

Suddenly the Jeep hit a piece of truck tire tread -- kicked it up -- and of course it hit 'Thor' right square in the snout.........

..........I cringed and said some really bad words.

...................when I got home, there was a black mark on his snout -- but believe it or not -- IT CAME OFF with some Zaino clay and some Zaino polish!!!!.............

Not saying that this will always happen, but we DO know that you have immense pride in your Camaros - so we DO spend the money to try and make the finish as durable as possible..............

........and these shields are one way of doing that.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Of course you do!

It's very difficult to make it 'disappear' and at the same time protect the paint.

Think about it: You're moving at 70mph and a stone hits you..........

.............that's kinda tough on ANY finish........

We put it there because we KNOW that most of our owners care very much for their Camaros -- and they polish them with pride....and every chip is painful to discover.

Tidbit: I was driving "Thor" on I-75 one night coming back from Ohio.

I was driving *just over* :suburban:the speed limit -- and there was a Grand Cherokee in front of me.

Suddenly the Jeep hit a piece of truck tire tread -- kicked it up -- and of course it hit 'Thor' right square in the snout.........

..........I cringed and said some really bad words.

...................when I got home, there was a black mark on his snout -- but believe it or not -- IT CAME OFF with some Zaino clay and some Zaino polish!!!!.............

Not saying that this will always happen, but we DO know that you have immense pride in your Camaros - so we DO spend the money to try and make the finish as durable as possible..............

........and these shields are one way of doing that.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hard to see

:eek: I follow the Camaro rule of washing at least every 7 days and I didn't notice the guards until very recently. At first I thought it was a scratch. Went to look on the other side and thought "DUH" a splashguard. :thumbsup: Thanks GM for trying to help us maintain the beauty of our cars.:5go:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts