Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen many comments about the factory sound system. It is the same in both the LT & SS, isn't it??

I replaced the sound in a '97 Mercury Cougar and my Suburban with Crutchfield components and it really made a world of difference in both of them.

Any comments one way or another on whether an SS Camaro would need (or benefit) from such an upgrade??

(this question coming from a fairly serious audiophile)

Thanks,
Howard

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
there's a stock system and an upgraded Boston Acoustics system (you can get either in both the LT and SS). I have the BA system and I think it sounds pretty good for a factory stereo. You say you're a fairly serious audiophile, so I doubt you'll be 100% satisfied. If you were to add an amp and sub, and/or swap out the speakers....maybe.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Howardh

I have to agree with POWERFREAK. If you're really that serious, get the Boston Acoustics system and upgrade the amplifiers and speakers to your liking. The Camaro, unlike many of the vehicles of the past, has a truly unique audio system design. It may be a very long time if anyone even attempts to make a replacement head unit. Check out the threads in the Electronics & Audio section. I'm sure you'll find what you need there. Good luck! For me the stereo will be secondary. ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
You will not be happy with ANY factory system if you are seriously an audiophile. I ordered a 2ss/rs and wanted to delete the BA upgrade, however that was not an option. :( I will be swapping out all the speakers and adding amps and subs fairly soon. There are times when you just gotta have the tunes for those long drives!!

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
The BA system is very nice, but it hits decently. I do plan on getting some Fi Subs soonish though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts