Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Friend of mine just e-mailed me and told me he found out that his car failed inspection and it wasn't being shipped at this time. Sad part is they told him they have no Clue as of right now when it will be Fixed and that it failed inspection as soon as it was built which happened to be April 2nd.
He asked if they could give any detail on what went wrong and they said they can specify that at this time.
( Sucks Gm is just now saying something to him about this and cant give better answers on whats going to happen )

I love Chevrolet and will enjoy my own new camaro when it comes however in my honest opinion Gm has a problem compared to other automakers. There are times they need to pull there head out of there A$$es and take care of the customer and not leave them on the back burner.
Trent is one of these customers as well...when you spend good money on something you expect to get it or get answers...not We dont know.
ITs there job to know or find out.

I understand this is a New Car and there are bugs to work out and around however as parents tell there kids its time to grow up now let learn and get better. To many problems are happening and no one knows whats going on.

And when I say GM I dont mean our dealers or all of our dealers because a lot of the dealers are doing there job its the people on the other end of the phone.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I bet the waiting is hard. I just feel guys like trent and my friend need better info so they can make plans to either wait for order another car.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The first lemon is born... Tell him to get the extended warranty...

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
The first lemon is born... Tell him to get the extended warranty...

It might have just been something like the battery cable issue or something minor that just needed a quick adjustment. I wouldn't say it means it's a lemon. They do those inspections to make sure cars that aren't perfect don't get out to us.

That said, if I were him, I'd certainly be curious as to why...and glad they caught it before I did.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
A Friend of mine just e-mailed me and told me he found out that his car failed inspection and it wasn't being shipped at this time. Sad part is they told him they have no Clue as of right now when it will be Fixed and that it failed inspection as soon as it was built which happened to be April 2nd.
He asked if they could give any detail on what went wrong and they said they can specify that at this time.
( Sucks Gm is just now saying something to him about this and cant give better answers on whats going to happen )

I love Chevrolet and will enjoy my own new camaro when it comes however in my honest opinion Gm has a problem compared to other automakers. There are times they need to pull there head out of there A$$es and take care of the customer and not leave them on the back burner.
Trent is one of these customers as well...when you spend good money on something you expect to get it or get answers...not We dont know.
ITs there job to know or find out.

I understand this is a New Car and there are bugs to work out and around however as parents tell there kids its time to grow up now let learn and get better. To many problems are happening and no one knows whats going on.

And when I say GM I dont mean our dealers or all of our dealers because a lot of the dealers are doing there job its the people on the other end of the phone.
Does anyone think this will improve once the UAW starts running things?

·
Registered
459 Posts
It is called CUSTOMER SERVICE and it starts with every person who answers the phone at all GM locations. We are spending our money on their product. They do have one of the best and most unique products but give us a break. If you don't know, find out for us and call us back. That will keep us buying for generations to come.

·
Registered
70 Posts
On camaro5.com there is a thread posted that there is a safety recall on the V-8 (SS) Camaros to repair a problem with the battery cable that goes to the starter.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I understand there is a problem and its Great they caught it before he got it and that they are going to fix it however when he asks what is it ? And they say we cant say at this time :confused: :confused: :confused: why leave a person hanging like this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts