Modern Camaro Forums banner

FAST 102MM intake manifold worth the price for the power?

• Yes

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 50.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been brought up before, but i couldnt find anything on it. So my question is....On a cammed motor, like mine, is the FAST 102MM intake manifold worth the price? the best price i have found is Phastek Performance. For 849.95 you get the intake manifold(retail 949.95) and the adapter kit, needed for the fuel injectors( normally 30.00 extra).so 980 worth of product for 850. This intake should get me anywhere from 15-20 RWHP after a re-tune. so, give me some responces.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
on a cammed motor...yes, you'll see some extra power, and it looks cool. (definitely NOT worth it on a stock motor though)...whether or not it's worth the $$$? That's up to you.

Have you looked into just getting your stock intake ported out, would save some $$$.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, but is it really moving the same amount of air as the FAST intake? it is alot taller and rounder. the ports in side are more circular than rectangular like the stock one.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:lol: so not only do you want me to pay to port mine out, and pay for the FAST intake, but you want me to pay for 2 dyno tunes? :lol: ok...ill see what i can do. maybe we can get Richj from backstreet to help support this. hes my tuner and if we can get him to cut me a deal on the 2 tunes, id be more than happy to have both tests done.

maybe we can get someone to send me a ported Ls3 camaro intake manifold and ill see if i can get ahold of a FAST intake manifold for the test. i even know a few guys with stock M6 camaros that we cn test the cammed motor vs the stock motor.

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
:lol: so not only do you want me to pay to port mine out, and pay for the FAST intake, but you want me to pay for 2 dyno tunes? :lol: ok...ill see what i can do. maybe we can get Richj from backstreet to help support this. hes my tuner and if we can get him to cut me a deal on the 2 tunes, id be more than happy to have both tests done.

maybe we can get someone to send me a ported Ls3 camaro intake manifold and ill see if i can get ahold of a FAST intake manifold for the test. i even know a few guys with stock M6 camaros that we cn test the cammed motor vs the stock motor.
intresting

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if anyone would like to help in the experiment, let me know. im really hoping this will work out and then we can get the right information on this stuff for ALL the people interested in both setups.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
whoever does intake porting should be willing to do the test.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
does anyone even know of a place or a vendor here on MC that would be willing to participate? and maybe theres a shop that would have a FAST intake in stock that would want to send it to me for testing. it could even be a used one. i dont think it has to be brand new.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i found this intake from this guy for 700...is it worth the money yet? or shouldi get him down to 600? and it is NEW.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
that is pretty crazy, but it weighs 25lbs! not alot of info on it either. Hp/tq numbers?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts