Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is that im def looking into getting this setup one day my friend has a 06 C6 and he has this setup along with a tune and headers and I cant believe the throttle response its incredible!!! What a difference from my car! and on the dyno the Fast LSX intake does make a difference even though its pricey I think its worth it!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The FAST is a great manifold and it makes some gains especially with throttle response. However that price tag is a bit steep...$800 man. Add in their TB and you're looking at over $1,000. Every now and then you can find a used FAST for around $600. Another option is to get a ported IM with a V-Max ported TB like I have. I went with Bare Essentials Racing. They tested their intake manifold against the FAST manifold some time ago. And their manifold held up pretty well. I think it was about only a few hp less than FAST. And the price makes it a better deal. I paid $250 shipped for their manifold after sending in a core. The core costed me $175. So all in all I paid $425 for the ported manifold. Factor in me selling my original for $200 and it comes out to $225 total that I paid for it. Some companies are selling them cheaper, like $150. But I went with BER because they were the only ones who offered dyno results from their comparo with FAST.

And I did the same thing with V-Max. I bought a core TB, sent that in plus $150 for a ported one, then installed the ported one and sold my original. I do it like that to avoid down-time. But you can't go wrong with a ported manifold if you went that route over the FAST stuff. Check out some of the companies offering ported stuff. You can save a lot of money and get comparable performance.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea im gonna take alook not sure on what TB he had def wasnt a Fast LSX, but yea those gains are worth it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fast Intake/TB

I did this on my C6 Z06 a few years ago an you see a big gain, The TB buy is self you will see some but with the Intake manifold and the TB you will see much more HP, I will add this to my Camaro SS RS next spring

Tom:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did this on my C6 Z06 a few years ago an you see a big gain, The TB buy is self you will see some but with the Intake manifold and the TB you will see much more HP, I will add this to my Camaro SS RS next spring

Tom:thumbsup:
yea i couldnt believe the difference

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
The LS7 shows good gains from a Fast intake but the LS3 often doesn't gain much for the the price of it. We often get better gains from porting the stock LS3 intake which runs about $150 ;).

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The LS7 shows good gains from a Fast intake but the LS3 often doesn't gain much for the the price of it. We often get better gains from porting the stock LS3 intake which runs about $150 ;).
so the Fast LSX intake that he has is considered an LS7??

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
so the Fast LSX intake that he has is considered an LS7??
He has a FAST intake manifold on the LS7 engine. That engine will show more results than if you were to put the FAST intake manifold on the LS3 engine. The stock manifold has really good flow for the stock LS3 engine. Which is why the FAST IM doesn't really offer any significant gains over a ported stock LS3 IM.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
The LS7 is a 427 cubic inch 7.0 liter engine with 11.0:1 compression ratio vs the LS3 with 6.2 liters, 376 cubic inches and 10.7:1 compression ratio. So a FAST will make a significant amount more hp/tq on the monster LS7 than the comparatively small LS3.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The LS7 is a 427 cubic inch 7.0 liter engine with 11.0:1 compression ratio vs the LS3 with 6.2 liters, 376 cubic inches and 10.7:1 compression ratio. So a FAST will make a significant amount more hp/tq on the monster LS7 than the comparatively small LS3.
gotcha i see now, so putting a Fast LSX intake on my LS3 is pointless, better off porting my stock one

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Well if you were to come across a FAST manifold for like $500 or $600 then I'd say go for it. But those chances are few and far between. So yea a good ported manifold is pretty much the way to go.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well if you were to come across a FAST manifold for like $500 or $600 then I'd say go for it. But those chances are few and far between. So yea a good ported manifold is pretty much the way to go.
yea i have been looking but havent found anything that cheap yet

·
Registered
41 Posts
Fast Intake with stock Throttlebody got me 4 HP and 4 FtLb TQ at peak a little more in mid-range. looks cool but not worth the money Just been checking my dyno charts I can't believe how much bottom end I lost.Torque down 20 ftlb at 1500 rpm and it doesn't get back to where I was till 3000 rpm, even to slightly higher the rest of the way up. Horse power difference is minimal, slightly higher. My car was really quick out the hole before the manifold change not so much now. What a waste of time and money, I'm thinkin on getting rid of it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
FAST 102R intake and Nick Williams 102 Throttle Body Gave me a 5 HP gain after Dyno tune. Not worth doing on a LS3 with stock Heads. Thats almost $2000 for 5 HP. Now I need bigger Heads and injectors also bigger fuel pump. Not much sense in doing a FAST 102 and a 102 TB with out doing Heads and Injectors. I will say this Trottle responce is very good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
As for price as i paid 900 looks alone it was worth it for me to spend the extra money. When I hear people say it's too much money for the gains it puts out I get it. What I've read on them with head work and a cam gains are better. For me it's about building something I would love every time drove it and looked at it and fast fit that build. Be careful with ported intakes not all gains will be the same with every intake go with a good company.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts