Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got confirmation on my 2SS, only to find out that the dealer ordered my exact specs as one of their original lot orders and it is now reserved for me. It will be one of the first couple on the lot, and I didn't pay any of the mark-up/ addendum crap. I guess the gods were watching out for me.

2010 2SS
Cyber Grey Metallic
Black Rally stripes
L99 Auto
20" polished wheels
Power sunroof

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Interesting that a dealer is using his sold order allocation to get cars on a lot.... A NO NO in the Chevy world.... My guess is they'll punch them as sold as soon as they arrive, and let the warranty clock start ticking before they're even really sold to a customer....at additional dealer mark up.

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Welcome from Long Island, NY and congrats on your order. :thumbsup:

Interesting that a dealer is using his sold order allocation to get cars on a lot.... A NO NO in the Chevy world.... My guess is they'll punch them as sold as soon as they arrive, and let the warranty clock start ticking before they're even really sold to a customer....at additional dealer mark up.
Scotty, I was always under the impression that a vehicle's warranty started at the time of delivery to the customer. My Magnum was a leftover from 05 (purchased Jan 06) yet the warranty started the day I picked it up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Scotty, I was always under the impression that a vehicle's warranty started at the time of delivery to the customer. My Magnum was a leftover from 05 (purchased Jan 06) yet the warranty started the day I picked it up.
Same with my truck purchase.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Legit dealers mark the car sold with GM WHEN it's sold and delivered...Others "FUDGE" the system, mark them sold when it's at the end of their quota period...sell cars, GET more cars....Meet goals, get rewarded...but once they're reported sold in the system, the car has an in-service date, and the warranty clock starts ticking. They use the line "Well, look at the great savings on this unit!! All for missing a few months of free XM...." - Well yes, but they leave out the time off the 36 month bumper to bumper.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This delay is driving me nuts, but I can be patient for another month. Anyone know if GM is going to honor the Military Service personnel discount on the Camaro? It could mean about 3 grand in savings. I'm not exactly overpaid by the Navy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.