Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just made a big pot of my world famous (at least in my mind) Chile Verde. Any one want some... Wife found out I got off early, and said please make some and some spanish rice.....If any one want the recipe let me know....I can make this dish soo hot that "Man VS food could not eat it" TM.. or so lame that a 2yr old could eat it...

Whats your food dish...

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Chili is my best dish I make too.
Taco salad/nachos (sort of a combination of the two) is my second.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chili is my best dish I make too.
Taco salad/nachos (sort of a combination of the two) is my second.
But is it chili verde... This is not a "meat and kidney bean chili"..

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
Nope. Just American chili. My absolute favorite.
I wish I could make lasagna like I had overseas at La Belle Italia. It was wonderful. I'd pass on a....well, you get the idea... if I could have it again.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I just made a big pot of my world famous (at least in my mind) Chile Verde. Any one want some... Wife found out I got off early, and said please make some and some spanish rice.....If any one want the recipe let me know....I can make this dish soo hot that "Man VS food could not eat it" TM.. or so lame that a 2yr old could eat it...

Whats your food dish...
I can't think of any "special" dish that I make that's worthy of posting, but I wouldn't mind having your recipe.

Bill

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't think of any "special" dish that I make that's worthy of posting, but I wouldn't mind having your recipe.

Bill
PM me your email and I will send it.. bear in mind this is a green chili with Pork not beef.. It is very popular in mexican/tex mex recipes..

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nope. Just American chili. My absolute favorite.
I wish I could make lasagna like I had overseas at La Belle Italia. It was wonderful. I'd pass on a....well, you get the idea... if I could have it again.
where were you at. What service,not that it matters, I was Air Force..

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I feel like that I make a great meatloaf. :lol: Yes, meatloaf. Nothing special, just lean grounds, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs and bake at 350.

·
Premium Member
6,258 Posts
where were you at. What service,not that it matters, I was Air Force..
I was all over the place in the Army. BTDT This was business travel. A little Italian place in Wales. Yes, Wales. Really fantastic food.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Lorcin makes the best BBQ shrimp and also the best Jambalaya ever. :D but he's too modest to prolly post it up lollz

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
My fave is Southern style baked macaroni and cheese (with eggs, colby, cream cheese and cheddar!), but I make some bitchin salmon croquettes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Ribs. Baby back pig sicles! Cook them in my smoker for 4 hours. I have a rub that is pretty tasty. Serve them dry with sauce on the side for those who prefer a wet rib. Roasted corn on the cob with lime and butter. Baked beans and something cold to drink.

Well I know what I'm cooking tomorrow!

·
Registered
189 Posts
my mac and cheese:thumbsup:

My new macaroni and cheese
6 tablespoons butter, plus 2 tbsp separated (1 stick total)
8 tablespoons flour (about ½ cup)
2 cups whole milk

1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1-2 tsp cayenne powder to taste
1 tbsp garlic powder

1 pound shell pasta or elbows
1 cup panko crumbs

4 ounces grated parmesan cheese (about 1 cup)
8 ounces grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
8 ounces grated provolone
6-8 ounces grated gruyere cheese

In a heavy, medium saucepan melt 6 tablespoons of the butter over low heat. Add the flour and stir to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 3 minutes.
Increase the heat to medium and whisk in the milk little by little. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.

Remove from the heat, season with the salt, pepper, hot sauce, garlic and 4 ounces of any grated cheese. Stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Cover and set aside.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt to taste and, while stirring, add the macaroni. Return to a boil, reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until macaroni is very al dente.
Drain in a colander and return the macaroni to the pot. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and stir to combine.
Add the béchamel sauce and stir until well combined. Set aside.
Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray (pam) and set aside.

In a large bowl combine all the cheeses except the parmesan and toss to combine.
Place half of the pasta in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with half of the mixed cheeses. Top with another half of the macaroni and another half of the cheese mixture.

In a small bowl combine the panko crumbs, grated parmesan, and toss to combine. Sprinkle this over the top of the macaroni and cheese.

Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the macaroni and cheese is bubbly and hot and the top is golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.

• Mix in frozen, thawed veggies such as spinach or peas. (If using fresh vegetables, blanch for a few minutes before adding.)
• Stir in 1 or 2 chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce or 2 cans chopped, drained mild green chilies.
• Combine sauteed mushrooms with the pasta mixture.
• Top with sliced tomatoes before baking.
• Incorporate fresh herbs such as parsley, basil, thyme or oregano.
• Experiment with seafood. If lobster isn't on your budget, consider shrimp or scallops. Cook before adding to pasta mixture.

my gumbo's a family favorite too:
My chicken sausage gumbo

1/2 cup peanut oil or butter 1/2 tsp cayenne
1 cup flour 1/2 tsp black pepper
2 med onions chopped 3 bay leaves
1 cup celery chopped 1 gal stock or water
1 bell pepper chopped 1-2 tsp rib rub
10 cloves garlic minced 1/2 cup brown sugar
2 Tbsp parsley chopped 1 tsp file powder
2 tsp kosher salt hot sauce to taste
2 lbs spicy sausage, such as andouille or charice, cut into 1/2 in slices and browned.
3 lbs raw chicken meat on the bone, thighs are best. Place the rib rub on the raw chicken parts the day before cooking.
Any leftover smoked and boned chicken pieces in bite-size chunks

Combine the oil and flour in a large cast-iron or heavy walled soup kettle over medium heat. Stirring slowly and constantly for at least 30-40 minutes, make a dark brown roux, the color of brown shoes. The darker the better.
Add the onions, celery, garlic and bell peppers and continue to stir until wilted.
Add the sausage, salt, cayenne, pepper and bay leaves. Continue to stir for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the water or stock. Add brown sugar. Stir until the roux mixture and water are well combined. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour.
Add the raw chicken to the pot. Simmer for 2 hours.
Skim off any fat that rises to the surface. Remove from the heat. Add smoked chicken chunks. Stir in the parsley, green onions, and file powder.
Remove the bay leaves and serve in deep bowls over rice.

Note: this time I smoked 3.5 lbs chicken leg quarters, shredded
them after they cooled and added them to the pot the last hour
of cooking.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hmmmmm, MC potluck anyone?

·
8,984 Posts
Crawfish Etoufee or Beer

·
Premium Member
2,717 Posts
I guess I could throw in my famous ('round here anyway) Cajun Jack grilled corn. It's requested at every pot luck I attend whether it's family or work related.

This will be the first time posting it anywhere so if anyone gets famous off it I'll hunt ya down :lol:.

For 8 Nibbler size pieces I use 3-4 shots Jack daniels whiskey.

4-5 tablespoons butter/margarine melted (ya it's definately bad for your heart)

Tony Cachere cajun seasoning (to taste I use about 3 tablespoons in the marinade)

Let the corn soak for a few hours (the longer the better though as with any marinade)

Put directly on grill over medium heat basting and sprinkling more seasning and turning every few minutes till done. Usually takes about 15 minutes with the constant turning which is needed to keep it from drying out.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Home-made Chicken Noodle Soup!

YUM!

Hubby makes the noodles from scratch, I do most everything else.

Fall is coming and this is one of our favorite Sunday dishes. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Home-made Chicken Noodle Soup!

YUM!

Hubby makes the noodles from scratch, I do most everything else.

Fall is coming and this is one of our favorite Sunday dishes. :thumbsup:
I should mention I also like a good chicken and dumplings (the batter dropped into the stew pot, and NOT biscuit batter!) :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I should mention I also like a good chicken and dumplings (the batter dropped into the stew pot, and NOT biscuit batter!) :)
Oooh! That sounds good too. I make that also, but I just use Bisquick for the dumplings and drop them into the boiling pot.

Is there a better way to make it?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts