1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Bully Proof
7,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MODERNCAMARO
FEBRUARY MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

hcso617

Congratulations hcso617! You are the February Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

Thanks everyone.

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

I grew up in the 60’s to mid 70’s. My dad had a 55 Chevy. He would let me hang out with him and his friends when they were showing cars. I was hooked. My first car was far from a “muscle car”, it was a black 1962 Mercury Comet, with gun sights on each front quarter and bat wings in the back. My friend Eric purchased a 68 Camaro, and I fell in love with it. I didn’t purchase any Camaro’s until I got this one, but I had a 69 GTO, and a 71 340 Duster.

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

I flew home to NY to check on my dad, on the drive home from the airport my wife drove past our local Chevy dealer, and my car was sitting on the corner. It looked really sharp. I had a 2008 Jeep Wrangler that was built for trail running. The used car dealer would bug me about selling it to them because Jeeps were hot and they couldn’t get enough. I brought it in for its 5 year checkup and started walking the lot, my Camaro was still sitting on the corner. A salesmen walked up with the keys and told me to take it for a ride. The rest is history. My wife set me up, she drove past the dealer because she knew I couldn’t resist.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I wanted to learn more about my car, It was a total impulse buy so I searched for Camaro forums. I liked what I saw here and the folks were great so I stayed.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I have a great wife of over 20 years who puts up with me. She has a 69 mustang convertible, we also has a 65 F100 and a Bugatti T35 kit car. We have two great kids, the oldest is working on his Eagle scout project and is a nationally ranked completive Skeet, Trap and pistol shooter. Our youngest is a solid honors student who wants to study genetics. My wife is a retired Game Warden, she has her masters in education and teaches biology and chemistry in high school. I am a retired cop, who went back to work after getting bored. HCSO is my agenys and 617 my ID number.

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
Congrats ... great to have you join us ... nice to have a wife like that, isn't it?

I have got to say, is that really yellow font?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Congrats......I'm old....had trouble with the yellow font....but I read every word!!! Nice write up

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
MODERNCAMARO
FEBRUARY MEMBER/CAMARO OF THE MONTH

hcso617

Congratulations hcso617! You are the February Member/Car of the Month here at ModernCamaro.com

Thanks everyone.

We all want to know a little more about you and your Camaro so I have a few questions for you...
Will you share with us what began your love for cars and/or the Camaro specifically?

I grew up in the 60’s to mid 70’s. My dad had a 55 Chevy. He would let me hang out with him and his friends when they were showing cars. I was hooked. My first car was far from a “muscle car”, it was a black 1962 Mercury Comet, with gun sights on each front quarter and bat wings in the back. My friend Eric purchased a 68 Camaro, and I fell in love with it. I didn’t purchase any Camaro’s until I got this one, but I had a 69 GTO, and a 71 340 Duster.

Please share with us the story behind your 5th Gen Camaro?

I flew home to NY to check on my dad, on the drive home from the airport my wife drove past our local Chevy dealer, and my car was sitting on the corner. It looked really sharp. I had a 2008 Jeep Wrangler that was built for trail running. The used car dealer would bug me about selling it to them because Jeeps were hot and they couldn’t get enough. I brought it in for its 5 year checkup and started walking the lot, my Camaro was still sitting on the corner. A salesmen walked up with the keys and told me to take it for a ride. The rest is history. My wife set me up, she drove past the dealer because she knew I couldn’t resist.

How did you discover ModernCamaro.com and what has kept you here?

I wanted to learn more about my car, It was a total impulse buy so I searched for Camaro forums. I liked what I saw here and the folks were great so I stayed.

And finally, do you have anything you'd like to add to the ModernCamaro.com members or anyone else reading this interview?

I have a great wife of over 20 years who puts up with me. She has a 69 mustang convertible, we also has a 65 F100 and a Bugatti T35 kit car. We have two great kids, the oldest is working on his Eagle scout project and is a nationally ranked completive Skeet, Trap and pistol shooter. Our youngest is a solid honors student who wants to study genetics. My wife is a retired Game Warden, she has her masters in education and teaches biology and chemistry in high school. I am a retired cop, who went back to work after getting bored. HCSO is my agenys and 617 my ID number.
Cool congrats, hopefully my son will have his "eagle" this November only 14 wants to get it before the "FUMES" get to him. "Perfume, and Gas Fumes".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts