Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
friday night at around 8:50 pm i lost a good friend. his name was Todd and died at the age of 41.

Todd was my camaro buddy. every week i would walk down the street and talk to him about his toys. he had a 1967 vert, matching 350 4 speed. and a 1968 with a 383 stroker. he was a great guy and new so much about cars. he was the guy that would always let me take out his toys. at around 8:50 friday night he pulled up to a street light next to a red corvette. after the light turned green and he banged his hurst ram into second gear, the rear posse locked up the back right tire spinning his driver door right into a telephone pole. killing him on impact as his wife of 41 in the car walked away with out a scratch.

this post is just for others to take, in that racing is fun. but not smart. a simple mal-function in your car can kill you in a second. i wont ever forget todd, and his beautiful love for his cars.

RIP Todd, and be careful fellow fanatics.:bowtie_gold:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
dammmmm, sorry to hear about your friend. That sucks bigtime. RIP.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
HOLY SH!T!!!!!

Very sorry to hear about your friend.....

Not to hi-jack this thread or anything but,

A very similar thing happened to me! I wasnt racing anyone but I was giving my 68 all it had. When it hit second there was a loud bang then the car started bouncing about 5 feet in the air and spinning around leftwards. (measurement was told to me from people watching this in broad daylight) the passenger door flew open and my girlfriend thrown out on the ground. The car bounced one more time and I thought she was under it but lucky enough, it through her far enough away that the last bounce put the car right up against her.

What had happened was the rear axle completely broke free from the leave springs and jammed the driver rear tire under the rear quarter causing us to hop. The differential spun backwards and tore a whole in the gas tank which I had just topped off, but no fire thank god. The girl was ok, just had a real PITA cause she hit it first on the street.

So yes, racing is fun but dangerous no matter what. Ever since then, my seatbelt is ON! And anything can break just like that.

Once again, sorry about your buddy.

Be careful out there
Chris

·
8,984 Posts
Our prayers are with you and his family!

·
See You On Course
3,867 Posts
My condolences on your loss, and those affected by this. Always sad to hear someone dying before they are ready to go.

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
This is why they make race tracks...We are all probably at one point in time guilty for street racing however moments like this is when it brings us to think is it worth it?

Sorry to hear about your friend may his soul rest and our prayers with his wife and Family.

RIP

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am also very sorry for you loss. Sounds like a great guy, I mean who lets someone take out there prized possesions? Toys? Sounds like an awsome guy and I hope is family is okay.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am also very sorry for you loss. Sounds like a great guy, I mean who lets someone take out there prized possesions? Toys? Sounds like an awsome guy and I hope is family is okay.
he was a great guy. i mean i only knew him for just under a year, and after a month of chit chattin with him about his cars, he'd let me (a 19 year old guy) take out his fully restored cherry cars. i miss him so much and it wont be the same looking out my window down the street and not hearing him fire one up

thanks for the prayers guys, and remember.. be safe.

shane

1 - 20 of 22 Posts