Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first off Whats up!? and Merry Christmas...ok so I own a TA WS6 and a Z06 Vette and am thinking a Camaro SS will make a nice addition soooo I figured I wil come to the subject matter experts here at 5th Gen...so here it it goes... Is there an after market company doing the SS conversion like SLP or is it coming from the fatory? is GMMG doing a speacial edition Camaro like they have in the past? Is there any other company out there that is putting out speacial edition Camaros? Im thinking the standard SS (2SS option) will do but I want to make sure that not the only option..thanks!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Ok first off Whats up!? and Merry Christmas...ok so I own a TA WS6 and a Z06 Vette and am thinking a Camaro SS will make a nice addition soooo I figured I wil come to the subject matter experts here at 5th Gen...so here it it goes... Is there an after market company doing the SS conversion like SLP or is it coming from the fatory? is GMMG doing a speacial edition Camaro like they have in the past? Is there any other company out there that is putting out speacial edition Camaros? Im thinking the standard SS (2SS option) will do but I want to make sure that not the only option..thanks!
Standard SS is 1SS.
2SS is the uplevel SS.
And it's done by the factory.
Like the SS always has been, afaik.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my buddy has a 2002 SS and IIRC SLP did the Conversion (different exhaust/hood/rims/floor mats/badging/Black Wing Air box) after speaking with him on the phone he cleared it up 1998-2000 was converted by SLP to the SS and the 2001-2002 only a few were converted to include his but most were done at the factory...

·
Registered
219 Posts
I invite you to come over to http://www.chirpthird.com and ask 4th gen SS questions in our forum. We have members who were employed at SLP during the 4th gen SS run and they can answer your questions in full.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
yea mine is rough also..I guess the purpose of the question is this, Will there be any special edition SS available out sourced from Chevy?

On side note I went by Connell Chevy here in Killeen and they are allocated for 9 and have pre-sold 6 with no dealer mark up, but I believe I will purchase from Columbia,SC as that is where my trade in vehicle is and I want it tagged there so I call Capitol Chevy and spoke with them unfortunately Calvin really couldnt tell me much other than they have an allocation for 6 and a few available, since Im deploying to Iraq I dont need on this soon so he will get back with me with more info on the model I want..

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Oh the calls I get from people who talk to others who don't have a clue....Not sure why people aren't getting up to speed, perhaps they don't care - or maybe they have a passion for the Aveo, and not the Camaro.

Really, there's just no excuse at this point. Can't share tha passion for the care if you really don't care to have a clue.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh the calls I get from people who talk to others who don't have a clue....Not sure why people aren't getting up to speed, perhaps they don't care - or maybe they have a passion for the Aveo, and not the Camaro.

Really, there's just no excuse at this point. Can't share tha passion for the care if you really don't care to have a clue.
:confused: Huh?

·
Registered
15 Posts
MYSCZ06 This might be what you mean.

yea mine is rough also..I guess the purpose of the question is this, Will there be any special edition SS available out sourced from Chevy?

On side note I went by Connell Chevy here in Killeen and they are allocated for 9 and have pre-sold 6 with no dealer mark up, but I believe I will purchase from Columbia,SC as that is where my trade in vehicle is and I want it tagged there so I call Capitol Chevy and spoke with them unfortunately Calvin really couldnt tell me much other than they have an allocation for 6 and a few available, since Im deploying to Iraq I dont need on this soon so he will get back with me with more info on the model I want..

MYSCZ06 This might be what you mean.:black5thburn:
Follow link below..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9979

·
Registered
338 Posts
SLP

I have a 2002 SS and I also have a certificate of origin with my name, VIN#, dealers name, build date and SLP car number on it from SLP. It was called an SLP birth certificate with a tire track from a Goodyear F1 on it as a foot print. It is signed by Ed Hamburger (a stamp I would guess). It was an option from SLP that came with a leather cover for the owners manual. I believe it cost $45.00 if my memory serves me right. They built my 2002 SS.I have spoken with SLP representatives about my cqar and I will say that SLP made the SS's and GM brought the Transams back in house in 2000, but not the Camaro SS.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.