Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

When the first camaro concept was released I was not very impressed with the style that Chevy opted to go with. But I have to admit, it is starting to grow on me. In fact I am thinking of replacing my 07 Trailblazer with a Camaro V6 6 sp in early 2010 when my lease is up. I know it is quite a ways away, but I hoping by then that all the options will be available including HUD. I have been debating wether or not I really need to go to the V8 or stay with the V6. I would rather keep insurance costs down as much as possible since I am only 24. I assume the v6 with 300 HP and a 6 sp would be sufficient. Anyway, I am glad I found this site, it is very informative and I look foward to leanring more.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Josh - Go for a V6 with the RS package, leather and the cool interior ambient illumination.

This thing will be quick and feel great to drive - and you should get better milage than your 'blazer

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Josh - Go for a V6 with the RS package, leather and the cool interior ambient illumination.

This thing will be quick and feel great to drive - and you should get better milage than your 'blazer
THats what I was thinking, I am only getting about 17MPG in my trailblazer right now. Plus, I really don't need such a large vehicle, although I am 6'3 close to 240. I am hoping that the car won't "feel" to small. That is when of the reasons why I was heavily considering the G8.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome aboard Josh, by the time you buy one you will be 25 and your insurance goes down. Buy the V8 and have more fun :cool:

SF
Rick

·
Registered
313 Posts
You should feel fine in the camaro at 6'3

The roofline is lower than the G8 but the seat is also lower to maintain head room. And it feels real wide and spacious in the front seats - much more spacious than the Mustang (i think)..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should feel fine in the camaro at 6'3

The roofline is lower than the G8 but the seat is also lower to maintain head room. And it feels real wide and spacious in the front seats - much more spacious than the Mustang (i think)..
That makes me feel better, being fairly tall sucks with cars. My fiancee has a Plymouth Breeze that I drive occasionally to work, I drive with my knees hitting the danm dash for 35 mins each way when I drive it.

I have read a review recently saying that the front window is pretty narrow, hopefully it won't cause a kack of frontal vision.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome, I am new here also after being VERY CLOSE to buying a BMW 135i.

The V6 will be plenty fast. BUT I have the need for speed, LS3 for me.
I am curious as to what the insurance will cost for the v6 vrs SS. Plus this will be my daily driver, depending on the gas situation, I may go the V8. I am curious as to what the prices will be v6 vrs SS.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am curious as to what the insurance will cost for the v6 vrs SS. Plus this will be my daily driver, depending on the gas situation, I may go the V8. I am curious as to what the prices will be v6 vrs SS.

I am 46 and my full coverage on my 2007 Civic Si sedan is $790 a year. The BMW 135i was estimated to be $1050 a year. I think the SS will be about the same as the BMW 135i.

V6 should be 20% less then the SS for an older person with a perfect record.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am 46 and my full coverage on my 2007 Civic Si sedan is $790 a year. The BMW 135i was estimated to be $1050 a year. I think the SS will be about the same as the BMW 135i.

V6 should be 20% less then the SS for an older person with a perfect record.
I will be 25 when I purchase the car with a clean record for over 5 years, insurance should not be to bad I am assuming.

·
8,984 Posts
Don't worry.

It will not be any different for any other car that is it's class.

A Vette has HIGH insurance and a AVEO has low insurance all based on your driving record and "style".

1 - 20 of 21 Posts