Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my 2004 GTO up for sale locally. I might expand my advertising if I don't sell it after a while. I'm going to use the money to pay some upcoming hospital bills and rat-hole the rest towards the Camaro fund.

·
8,984 Posts
How much bud?

Soooooo, if I was in the market for an All black GTO, what is the best year to get?

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How much bud?

Soooooo, if I was in the market for an All black GTO, what is the best year to get?
I'm asking $17,500 since it is the rarest of the colors and only has 20k miles on it. I have all the stock parts.

06 in black: A few up upgrades, brakes and HP. Watch out for oil leaking LS2s.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Good luck with the sale. I sold my '05 in May with 40k on it for $17750, but I'm sure you know how soft the market is for these cars.

54 -- any 05 or 06 would be fine. The only reason to get an 06 over an 05 would be the lock/unlock button in the console for 06. Otherwise, they are virtually the same. Honestly, I never even noticed not having the button in my 05!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
About 50 HP if I remember correctly.
I could be wrong.
That is correct.

I drove a few LS1 cars before driving the LS2 that I purchased. The LS2 is smoother and doesn't "build" up the power -- it's just there. Not that the LS1 is a slug or anything, but between the two, the LS2 has more meat down low. That's what 18 more cubes does, I guess :D

Either way, LS1 guys will argue that you can build it to be fast -- which is true. The fact is, mod for mod, the LS2 is better (not to mention the better brakes, too).

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
as another former GTO owner, i agree with demonspeed about the LS2 vs. LS1.

good luck on the sale, bro. i think you've got it priced well. your Goat is gorgeous too! :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Selena,

If it sells it sells. It's paid for and I only have been putting 2000 miles on it the last 2 years. It's almost a museum piece, but I'm not running a museum.

·
8,984 Posts
USA1, if you don't mind Can I continue to ask some question of you goat owners?

·
Registered
589 Posts
really nice GTO. Havent seen one that color that looks that nice. I was looking into buying a GTO a couple months ago but decided to keep and pay off my hoe then get a Camaro but if payments dont work out, I will be back on a GTO. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
really nice GTO. Havent seen one that color that looks that nice. I was looking into buying a GTO a couple months ago but decided to keep and pay off my hoe then get a Camaro but if payments dont work out, I will be back on a GTO. Good luck with the sale.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
8,984 Posts
All I see is Black with Red interior. (or black)

What about the Blue interior?

In my area, which tends to have some cars cheaper, I have found a ton for the 2006 with LOW miles in the low teens, which mean I could probably break even with the caddy.

CTSV prices have gone up in the past few months, which is weird, so who knows.

I also found a really nice dark blue one with black interior, but it was HIGH miles for a 06, or for me anyway.

Are the LS2 leaks on the rear main? Also, how bad is your hop? Being a future CTSV owner, hopefully, I have been following Hendricks axles for awhile and that whole drama session with the others that are selling his units.

Anyways, that for letting me hijack, but ttt for a nice ride! Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Blue interior was only available with Impulse Blue.

I really wouldn't worry about any oil leaks with the LS2. I am sure it's no worse than any other vehicle - and I never noticed any problems with mine.

Wheel hop sucks, but it supposedly is easily fixed with drag bags from BMR. Some nice tires help, too. I never bothered to fix mine since I left mine 100% stock and didn't take it to the track. It wasn't much problem on the street unless I dumped the clutch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts