Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about the ABM no longer being available for order soon, I finally went and ordered my 2SS/RS in ABM. Dealership also said they have an allocation, and that I should receive it in about 6-8 weeks, but I'll believe that when I see it. Already looking at pics on here for mod ideas.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Congrats on your order. The longest 6-8 weeks of your life. We're on our longest weekend ever...we go get ours Monday!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered a 2LT RS in ABM that was scheduled to go to status 2000 on 10-21-09.

Based on the latest RS package constraint announcement on the LT models, I fear that the car may not get built before the ABM color production deadline...

·
Premium Member
4,818 Posts
Congrats on the order welcome to the waiting game lol atleast you only have 6-8 weeks im looking at March maybe April and I put my order in on September 28th.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Go ahead an order it, they have allocations now. I remember the wait I had. Drove me nuts... In fact I wasted my whole summer waitng and wanting my beast. 2SS RJT 6sp man. Black Stripes 20" Alum. Black Leather Int. SWEET! :drool:
You can always fly in. Pick it up. And drive home in a brand new 2010 Camaro or your choice... How Freak'in sweet is that! :roxor: You'll be the hit of the neighborhood.

:5thgendrive:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone know what the turn around is nowadays with an allocation? Just got back from the dealer and they said the order went through today.

I ordered the 2SS/RS manual in ABM , with beige appointed seats. No stripes yet, I was thinking about white hockey stripes (minus the hood/trunk stripe).

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
I ordered a 2LT RS in ABM that was scheduled to go to status 2000 on 10-21-09.

Based on the latest RS package constraint announcement on the LT models, I fear that the car may not get built before the ABM color production deadline...
As long as the order is in, I think you're ok, and with the color on order it may even speed up your order even with the constraint (it wasn't a 100% constraint IIRC).

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Congrats on the order welcome to the waiting game lol atleast you only have 6-8 weeks im looking at March maybe April and I put my order in on September 28th.
What Scotty said, if he has allocations, you can get the order in and built, then drop shipped to Eric in Grapevine WAAAAYYYY before your current order is processed. Unless you need/want the time to save up a bigger down payment ....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So...the dealer said my order was going to go in 2 weeks ago because they had allocations. I went back one week ago to check on the status, and they told me that they were going to put it in that week because there were 4 people ahead of me. I called them yesterday, and no one will give me a straight answer on the status of my order.

I don't mind waiting, but how does the deadline on the ABM phase out work? If I ordered from the dealer before the deadline, will Chevy still make it?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hmmm...I thought LAST WEEK was the last time to order ABM.

Scotty will be along soon to chime in. He'll know for sure.

If push comes to shove, I have two ABM on order that we placed last week. Both are cars we ordered for stock, so we could put your name on one.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Are they 2SS/RS?

EDIT: Never mind, just saw your other post. I may be interested in the automatic, depends on the options on it. However, I'm in Afghanistan right now on a contract, so I wouldnt be able to pick it up for a few months.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts