Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2SS auto is on order!

White with black interior, no other options (plenty of bells and whistle on the 2SS!).

Before deciding on the Camaro 2SS auto, I drove the following:

Camaro 1LT RS auto
Mustang GT manual
Challenger R/T auto
370Z auto
Cayman manual
Cayman PDK

Thoughts on above:

Camaro 1LT RS auto: almost went with the V-6. Adequate torque, but where's the exhaust note? My old V-6 Z-24 Cavalier sounded better! Excellent handling, very attractive exterior and acceptable interior.

Mustang GT manual: choppy suspension, poor shifter, cheesey interior, beautiful exterior and exhaust note, overpriced.

Challenger R/T auto: best looking of the American pony cars inside and out, but too heavy, no rev matching on slapstick, doubt Mopar reliablility.

370Z auto: very slick looking inside and out, reputation for overheating put me off, as well as dealer's hard sell.

Porsche Cayman: best handling car I have ever driven. Beautiful looks, fit and finish. Engine access poor. Warranty poor. Maintenance cost high. 60k price offputting.

Camaro 2SS: my own will be the first I drive, but 400 horses will, I'm sure, provide the torque and sound missing from the V-6 I tested. And, based on many years with GM, I know the quality will be good.

I will update you when the beast has been delivered!

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
NICE...congrats. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

just curious...what were your driving impressions of the 370z (not that I'm gonna run out and buy one :rolleyes:)?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
NICE...congrats. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

just curious...what were your driving impressions of the 370z?
The 7 speed paddle shift was very responsive, and the perceived torque was equal to the Cayman. Handling and ergonomics were excellent. The fun to price ratio was high.

But I keep coming across reviews stating that the engine is prone to overheating and the viscous limited slip rear end has a life expectancy of 30k miles on the road, and about 3 hours on the track.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
But I keep coming across reviews stating that the engine is prone to overheating and the viscous limited slip rear end has a life expectancy of 30k miles on the road, and about 3 hours on the track.
well, that's certainly not good.;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Awesome and great color choice!!
Choosing the color was a lot harder than deciding on the Camaro over the other cars I drove.

In general, I like this car in lighter and brighter colors to show off the sharp corners on the fenders. If I was 30 years younger, the car would probably be yellow, not white.;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts