Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I've only seen one also. You should take a look inside one (talk about naked).

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Rare?

I've seen about 5-6 already in the Toledo area. Funny thing is that most of them are in the 'low income' part of town and driven by people who probably broke the bank trying to get one.

Not to mention several dealerships around here are stocking several LS cars (then again Dave White Camaro.. erm Chevrolet has every trim AFAIK)

Hell I'm contemplating an LS..

·
Premium Member
1,109 Posts
I have yet to see a LS as well. All LTs and SSs

·
Premium Member
8,645 Posts
o_o

Ok.. I'm gonna have to get you guys pics of some and possibly a test drive analysis of one in the coming week or so.

*checks to see if Dunn still has their 3 or so LS in stock..*

Cool thanks. Heck it would be a great do at your own pace mod car :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe Ohio is the target destination of the LS's, yesterday was the first time I saw one, anywhere. I seem to remember the dealer telling me that they passed thier alocations for the LS to a sister dealership because they did not think they would sell in my area, who knows?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
LS is by far the least common trim. Last I checked they made up something like 5% of all sold camaros.
- Bryon
Well, for a write up I'll tell ya this:

You aren't really missing much from the 1LT. The primary differences are the lack of fog lamps, lack of carpeted dash/door trim (it's the same plastic as the upper dash on all cars). The Seats both drivers and passenger are totally manual.. except for SOME reason they decided to keep the power recliners in there which was a nifty touch. Not to mention the DIC and Light systems were the same; full auto headlights that just need a brighter bulb IMO. Inside I honestly didn't miss a thing and in reality I'd chose the LS trim - 2LT - 1LT interior in that order. Why? Easier to clean and maintain.

As for the exterior; so it's lacking a rear spoiler and the fogs. It really shows on the Reds, Whites, and Blues but for some reason Orange, Yellow, and Black play that trim very well. The rims weren't all that bad to be honest; but painting the whole thing black, though cost effective kinda took away from the character of the wheel itself. I'd probably sandblast off the edges to mimic the G-Body rims which can be done fairly easily and cheaply. Other than that the car is a few pieces shy of a 1LT. And this may be why they're so rare. It's a car for those that have plans for them; a blank slate and a sleeper. The one I tested had only been on the lot for a week and already had 70 miles. 84 when I was done. :D

Looks like it may be test drive fodder, but for me.. **** I actually still got that permagrin.

Now for pics. 'Red' car is a 2LT IOM with IOM interior.

Here's a wide and close shot of the 'from the nose' differences.

Here's a fog housing closeup.

Now here's some steelie closeups.

Again, inside the vehicle the only difference inside between the LT/LS trim is the lack of fabric inserts in the door and dash on the LS. Instead it's a taupe-ish dash insert color that is the same material as the rest of the dash: Hard plastic. I don't miss the lack of a Boston option because the system itself is just the shizz compared to my truck which honestly until today I thought had the best base stock system.

Final verdict: At 315/mo payment over 6 years for sleek looks like that?

It's the one I'm getting. Seriously.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I saw a black one not too long ago. Talk about plain. It was very dirty. A middle aged woman was behind the wheel. I made eye contact with her and tried to give her thumbs up and she looked at me like I was a retard. Oh well.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I finally saw a 1LS on the road yesterday, it looked naked:eek:. CGM, no spoiler, no badges, skinny tires on those little rims & that front end with no fog/DRL's. Wow, why didn't they just call it a Berlinetta.
I wouldn't fault someone for liking the look of the car (and that 304 HP V6), but not being able to spend $35K on a new car. It's another Camaro sold, and on the road.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I wouldn't fault someone for liking the look of the car (and that 304 HP V6), but not being able to spend $35K on a new car. It's another Camaro sold, and on the road.
I agree, another Camaro is another Camaro, hands down. I guess I was just suprised how noticible the differences were.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I agree, another Camaro is another Camaro, hands down. I guess I was just suprised how noticible the differences were.
Yeah, they're noticeable when stacked against an LT/RS or an SS. However when you think about it, the fact that the car is pretty much ready for 'mod as you go' customizing as Bama put it AND is ONLY missing some mere trim pieces and the power seats from the LT; it is pretty awesome. When they say it comes well optioned in bare stock form, they mean it.

Especially with someone like myself who's on a budget and probably will be slapping a s/c on the top end after an LLT perf. rebuild to make up for the 'on paper' lack of power and girth of the Zeta chassis.

I still have to say that I had the most fun driving that A6 LS over an A6 2SS and A6 2LT.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Save yourself a grand and get a M6..manuals are even MORE fun. ;)
Can't argue against that, I just need to find a dealer with a car they're willing to sacri-.. I mean 'let me test drive' and get a 'feel' for the clutch. I tend to 'lack' traffic experience with a stick.

:D

"Smoke? What smoke?"

1 - 20 of 60 Posts