Modern Camaro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, I've been having a weird problem when browsing sites with Firefox. I use the scroll thingys on my laptop touch pad to scroll up or down rather than clicking on the bar on the right. Lately, after a little bit of time, when I start to scroll, it will make the screen either really big or really small. It's odd. Also, when I click on a link, it will open it in a new tab.

I haven't changed any settings at all, and it does it randomly. If I exit out of Firefox and open it back up, it is usually fine, but it will display the screen how it was left when I closed out (really big, or really small).

Any advice?

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You usually have to have the + or - key down when scrolling to change the size within a window. Check to make sure one of these keys is not stuck. Very common on the laptop platform. I see it a lot at work (IT Systems Admin & Deskside Support).

Another thought is, do you have any hotkeys set up within Firefox that would handle these duties?

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it's the +/- keys; I tried holding them down and scrolling to see if that made it do anything, and it does not.

I'm not sure I have any hotkeys set up. I've never heard of them, so I am going to guess no :lol:

·
Banned
7,873 Posts
my firefox has been wacky too...noticed text in sites got bigger on the screen...it's also been freezing up alot, especially here. Figured it was just my old computer.

ctrl + and crtl - will zoom in/out in firefox BTW.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my firefox has been wacky too...noticed text in sites got bigger on the screen...it's also been freezing up alot, especially here. Figured it was just my old computer.

ctrl + and crtl - will zoom in/out in firefox BTW.
Yeah, I've had some freezing problems too, but I equated that to the internet... maybe not.

·
Banned
7,873 Posts

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
lmfao you guys
it's not a virus. firefox is just being buggy

if you want all the zoom back to normal press: ctrl(control) +(plus) 0(zero)
No one is saying it's a virus. It's just a good idea to run a scan once in a while. Trojans, worms, and viruses do a lot of weird stuff.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Warlock is right. Make sure you don't have any malware or worse. I would do the safe boot deal, then run the scans. If that doesn't help, if you have a recent restore point (before the problem) do a restore, that may help also.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts