Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm not sure how reliable that is. The L92 2-valve heads are basically LS7 heads, which flow 350cfm already. Why do we need another valve.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just occurred to me....

Perhaps the SS will get the LS3...the 2-valve version...approx 425hp (aka car version of L92)

And the Z will get this three valve 475hp motor...

That could be what we're getting instead of the LS7...it would certainly be cheaper, since the hand-built LS7 alone would probably drive the cost of the car over $40K.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have the hook up at Tom Henry's! You are hung up on the whole Z-28 issue too if we are pointing fingers.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't say I'm "hung Up" on the Z28 issue. If I am, then you're equally hung up on the whole SS thing

My point about the LS7 is that I don't know how many times it has been posted here that the LS7 will be phased out by the time the Camaro comes out, yet you still post in almost every thread on this board something about you wanting yours with an LS7. THERES NOT GOING TO BE AN LS7, GET OVER IT. :lol:

·
Registered
861 Posts
I have not said anything about the whole ss thing in a while you on the other hand always bring up the Z-28 stuff.

·
Registered
861 Posts
my bad you have always had information before any one else so if there is no ls-7 than I will have to figure something else out!

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
It just occurred to me....

Perhaps the SS will get the LS3...the 2-valve version...approx 425hp (aka car version of L92)

And the Z will get this three valve 475hp motor...

That could be what we're getting instead of the LS7...it would certainly be cheaper, since the hand-built LS7 alone would probably drive the cost of the car over $40K.
Hey you might be on to something there! :)
Make sense to me, and it sure would be a helluva lot cheaper!
Hmmmm............

·
Registered
10 Posts
All these rumours are starting to scare me about the engine choices. While signs point to the ls2 and ls7 not being around when the camaro comes out it still suprises me gm's not looking to get more than 3 years out of a motor? I was looking at an gmhtp article from just over a year ago breaking down the "new" ls2 showing redisigned oiling for use with DOD why not use it?

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
well once again all is just rumors the cars might might have an ls2 and ls7 we dont know that, no one but gm has any clue to that, but odds are with emission regulations getting tighter and gas prices soaring, in two years gm will have designed something more current to release in the 5th gen camaros

1 - 20 of 28 Posts