Modern Camaro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[ Chevrolet USA ]

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. - The first '09 Corvette ZR1 to go on sale will go to the highest bidder, Saturday, Jan. 19, at the prestigious Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Event auction in Scottsdale, Ariz. Proceeds from the ZR1's sale, as well as a trio of collectable authentic NASCAR Chevy Monte Carlo racecar hoods, will benefit United Way for Southeast Michigan. ...

More...

·
Registered
601 Posts
I don't think till summer. This just seals your deal. Sub zero temps and blowing snow, I know I will be parked in front of my tv watching this tomarrow night! Wish GM would have throw in a first production Camaro to better the charity pot. Bet that would have brought a big cash contribution!!!

·
Premium Member
2001 Camaro Z28
11,842 Posts
I'm anxious to see how much it goes for. :)
I'm sure the car on display at the auction will be one of the show cars.
Wish GM would have throw in a first production Camaro to better the charity pot. Bet that would have brought a big cash contribution!!!
There's always other auctions. :D

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Production is scheduled for July 2008.

Rumor has it, they get car #1, NOT the prototype at the auction....Not sure though.....Expect $300 - 500,000

:roxor:

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
I was hoping GM would put a supercharged version of the LS-3 in the SS model but i guess that is out.If the ZR-1 cost that much that cant happen.
There were some other changes to the car other than the engine that drove up the price....but that motor ain't a cheapy!

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
Even the press kit has carbon Fiber! This is JUST like the one on my desk. I really should unload it...but I thought it might be worth more when the cars are released....???

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
From a friend's site:

The car GM is showing at Barrett Jackson IS NOT the car they are auctioning off. I think it would have brought more, had they sold and delivered the car NOW.

It’s an “EX” VIN #’d car and not for sale, but what people are bidding on is the to buy the 1st deliverable unit…which means they have to wait just like you to experience Americas hot seat! Their wallet will just be a little lighter….sooner! This show, still should prove to be a good SHOW… :patriot:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Just came in and turned it on. Been able to catch a little here and there through the week.

I caught them talking about the first "2008 GT500 KR" being sold for charity. It's apples to oranges, but it will be interesting to see how the "ford for charity" will do compared to the "ZR1 for charity".

·
Registered
382 Posts
No kidding... If I had that kind of money I would've definitely bid it up to 600K!!! Seeing that camaro though has got me thinking about a different paint scheme for my new camaro! Hey Jinx... Think you can put the paint scheme from the '69 RCR Series 3 Camaro on an '09??? Dark tint windows and all?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts